Decline’s Modern Horror Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Decline’s Modern Horror Game

For cataloguing the events of our game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Percival asks John, Daniel, and Joan

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Percival

Percival

Percival asks John, Daniel, and Joan Empty
PostSubject: Percival asks John, Daniel, and Joan   Percival asks John, Daniel, and Joan EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 10:51 pm

If they would be interested in going with me to visit Charles Lister and stay at his estate for a weekend in the near future.
Back to top Go down
John Fitz

John Fitz

PostSubject: Re: Percival asks John, Daniel, and Joan   Percival asks John, Daniel, and Joan EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 11:04 pm

Sure, I'm in. While I've got you for a moment, let me tell you about that address you asked me to check out. It's a gas station. Nothing special inside or out. Garbage coffee though. Right next door is an abandoned jerk chicken joint. A guy over there was trying to sell me some weed that was worse than the coffee. Only interesting thing was some graffiti. On the back of the of the building in big sloppy red letters it says, "Kneel to the ground/The Nue Interface shines on ur flesh". Mean anything to you?
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Percival asks John, Daniel, and Joan   Percival asks John, Daniel, and Joan EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 11:07 pm

“I’ll have to check my notes and the journal from Romanian, but something seems familiar. Did you check out the empty building?”
Back to top Go down
John Fitz

John Fitz

PostSubject: Re: Percival asks John, Daniel, and Joan   Percival asks John, Daniel, and Joan EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 11:20 pm

No, I didn't go in. It was late at night and struck me a place people might've been sleeping or getting high in. Either way, I thought I'd check it out during the day if anything sounded off to you.
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Percival asks John, Daniel, and Joan   Percival asks John, Daniel, and Joan EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 11:45 pm

Percival says “excuse me” and leaves the table, going upstairs, to return after ten or fifteen minutes with heavily damaged book with some loose pages shoved in it. “The reference of flesh and interface is found through what’s legible, let me see here.”

Percival clears his throat and carefully sifts through the pages, “Ahhhh... here is one, ‘Many people think that a portal is simply a large flesh interface. This is true.’

Scanning the damaged pages, it has obviously been set on fire and soaked in water and possibly blood, “and another, ‘I laugh at myself now. How absolutely ignorant I was. Like a moment of clarity I see how I knew nothing. I see how mad I sounded raving of the new flesh. It is not new. It is old. The old flesh. But even that is a minor detail. Trivial really. The old flesh is taken away and replaced with reality. Flesh replaces reality.’

He flips a page and a loose page falls out, picking it back up, “mmm yes yes” he mutters as he hold it out and begins to read, “there was also a group of school children who were very slightly segmented, just ends of fingers and bits of the calves and such. Hardly fatal wound, yet they all died within two months. Some showed signs of intellectual mutation. There are no known flesh interfaces in Dubai. However, it is surmised that the architecture is actually based on interface geometry and carries some latent interface-like power.

He places the page back into the book and begins searching again, “ah I believe this is the last one. `Encasement was certainly not something we were expecting. It really changed our whole prospective on what exactly was occurring. We thought that the flesh interfaces were just pipes that went from one location to another, perhaps extradimensionally or by some other magic. But when the first subject came back encased, we realized that.. Well, I’m not sure what we realized. We realized — for the thousandth time in our dealings with the flesh interfaces — that we were dealing with something really beyond us. That’s why I called it magic. They were so far beyond our understanding, it was basically like meddling with some kind of black magic.’”

He closes the book.
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Percival asks John, Daniel, and Joan   Percival asks John, Daniel, and Joan EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 12:04 am

Percival reopens the book and looks a bit startled then confused, “it seems some pages are missing, they must have fallen out, I shall go look for them.”

(ooc: some of the scraps Doug gave me fell off my clip board and I found four other references but I’m going to bed)
Back to top Go down
John Fitz

John Fitz

PostSubject: Re: Percival asks John, Daniel, and Joan   Percival asks John, Daniel, and Joan EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 12:44 am

Now that you mention all this talk of "interface architecture" and "geometry", there was some graffiti that struck me as some kind of mathematic formula too, but I didn't think of it as anything but random at the time. We should really check that building out, thoroughly.
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Percival asks John, Daniel, and Joan   Percival asks John, Daniel, and Joan EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 1:09 am

I'm just going to add, in case I did not adequately describe it. 
The jerk shack has every vibe of being a crack/meth den.
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Percival asks John, Daniel, and Joan   Percival asks John, Daniel, and Joan EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 12:28 am

“There is a mathematical formula in the journal as well, C=^-1 E/M.” Percival says (ooc I’ll get the other quotes typed up on Sunday)
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Percival asks John, Daniel, and Joan   Percival asks John, Daniel, and Joan EmptyWed Oct 16, 2019 9:04 pm

Percival shuffles some papers and begins reading, “Mass segmentations remain one of the most mysterious aspects. They seem to show that the interfaces do indeed concentrate on flesh, living up to their name. Obviously I can’t define flesh interface in terms of purpose or composition or mechanism. I can only list the various phenomena which are related to them. Chief among these is the creation of an incident zone wherein objects are spontaneously segmented i.e. parts of the object simply disappear, yet the objects continue to behave as if the missing parts are still present.

He clears his throat, flipping to another lose page, “Andar asked it to extract from our presence and it obliged. We spent the rest of the day hoisting the bodies into the trees. Use has become the first of the congregation. This took most of the day. Tired. Crying has become a normal part of life now. I can no longer tell, incapable, of knowing if we are being punished or rewarded. The way is clear. The way to the New Flesh.

He scans the page, “the New Flesh shall be ours. We are the new flesh.

“I think that’s it.” Percival says as he continues looking through the journal and loose pages.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Percival asks John, Daniel, and Joan   Percival asks John, Daniel, and Joan Empty

Back to top Go down

Percival asks John, Daniel, and Joan
Page 1 of 1