Decline’s Modern Horror Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Decline’s Modern Horror Game

For cataloguing the events of our game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Book of the Knives

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucien

Lucien

Book of the Knives Empty
PostSubject: Book of the Knives   Book of the Knives EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 4:59 pm

This book has a description of the knives and how to use them to kill various things.
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

Book of the Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book of the Knives   Book of the Knives EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 3:55 am

I'm working on some details on the book but I'm going to just copy/paste a few bits in here until then---

The book seems to be "authored" by multiple people or at least illustrated by multiple people.
There is very little, mostly, in the way of text with most of the book being images and the dagger numbers required.

One section about 3/4ths of the way through does have a good bit of text and has a whole different feel then the rest of the book:

Dumah
Documented by Dekye Vi Fa
The hells are as nameless as there are number. An infinity separates each from on another. For lack of a word, I call this Dumah, the authority over the dead, and so add my knowledge to this compendium.

The entrance takes welcomes to the Grand Hall in which a table is placed at time for meetings. Opposite the table are the Grand Stairs to the throne room. To the left of the stairs the prostratus are marched.
Prostratus are divided to the doors left and right. Each descent that follows is mirrored.

The Hall of the Prostratus descends by stairs, each descent at the end of the Halls of the Prostratus. At the fourth descent the cages begin, lining the hall on either side. Each cage is 42”x28”x30” (by best translation)

At the fifth descent are the standing cells.

At the sixth descent measuring one square yard for four prostratus.

At the seventh descent the cell doors are 2 square feet, 3 feet from the ground, the interior ceiling centered with a drain through which the cells above drain. The hall is mopped as the cells drain through the doors.

At the 8th descent are no doors.

The 9th descent shall never feel to end but for a single door that once past none returned. This door enters to the supply chamber of Darconofv. Ahead to the right enters his workshop.
The guards gave no attention to me in the halls, for why would they for I would either belong in a cell or have been given pass to wander. The concept of escape eluded them and so too the concept of one wandering freely under no directions was foreign.

Upon entering Darconofv’s workshop I found the room to be too large, or myself too small so that I was mouse like. At leaving, with as many books in hand that I could carry I found the room impossibly small or myself large so as that the corners of desks and casks broke and penetrated my sides and I could not fit through the doors. And thus I was caught.

For my sentence I was given a choice. Step one foot into the sands, or become a cook. Having chosen cook I stirred the boiling bots with bare arms for two days. After two days had elapsed and my arms were nothing but bone I collapsed and died at which point I was brought back into the kitchen to cook again. This went on for one cycle until unable to bear anymore I swung at Nosfentor which amused him. Being amused he pushed a single finger nail vertically through my body and I died. Upon returning to cook I stirred the boiling pots with bare arms for two days.

After two days had elapsed and my arms were nothing but bone I collapsed and died at which point I was brought back into the kitchen to cook again. This went on for one cycle until unable to bear anymore I swung at Nosfentor which amused him.

Recalling my having amused him before he pushed a single finger nail vertically through my body and I died. Upon returning to cook I stirred the boiling pots with bare arms for two days. After two days had elapsed and my arms were nothing but bone I collapsed and died at which point I was brought back into the kitchen to cook again. This went on for one cycle until unable to bear anymore I swung at Nosfentor which amused him. Recalling my having amused him before he pushed a single finger nail vertically through my body and I died. Upon returning to cook I stirred the boiling pots with bare arms for two days. After two days had elapsed and my arms were nothing but bone I collapsed and died at which point I was brought back into the kitchen to cook again.

Thus I completed 100 cycles and begged for mercy. Having successfully pled my case I was given a choice. Step one foot into the sands, or become a cook. Having chosen cook I stirred the boiling bots with bare arms for two days.
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

Book of the Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book of the Knives   Book of the Knives EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 1:23 am

---As I work away on the book I figured I'd post a few bits straight in here, minus images.---

Etunaz:
There are four pages that seem to cover the Etunaz.
Due to lack of text (though there is some) it takes a bit to piece together.
The Entunaz itself in its realm (which from other parts of the book would seem to be what you know as the Gray Lands) has no known dagger combination.
The Etunaz in "this" realm has none.
Note: The Gray specifically says "Unknown" while here it says "none."
The text seems to suggests the Etunaz does not exist in "this" world, but it's "spirit" moves to followers which move in and out of its form.
Etunaz Follower:
A follower seems to be any follower, or person present, not currently inhabited by the Etunaz spirit.
Daggers: 1 or 2 or 4
Dagger: 3 "Returns follower to form" and is physically vulnerable.
Etunaz Priest:
A priest seems to be any follower that is inhabited by the spirit.
Daggers: 1 or 2 or 4
Dagger: 3 "Returns follower to form" & "drives Etunaz" "away" and is physically vulnerable.
The Etunaz Shrine:
The book says physical destruction of the shrine "cleanses" the area of the Etunaz with no daggers needed.
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

Book of the Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book of the Knives   Book of the Knives EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 8:28 am

Well we knew that last bit.
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

Book of the Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book of the Knives   Book of the Knives EmptyFri Jan 28, 2022 6:55 pm

Lucien currently has 2 of the knives in his possession and we know exactly where to locate two others.
Back to top Go down
Lucien

Lucien

Book of the Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book of the Knives   Book of the Knives EmptyThu Sep 22, 2022 9:56 pm

Does the book of knives have any information on the infected of Hazmital? These descriptions seem to suggest that the knives have the power to purge the infected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Book of the Knives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book of the Knives   Book of the Knives Empty

Back to top Go down

Book of the Knives
Page 1 of 1