Decline’s Modern Horror Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Decline’s Modern Horror Game

For cataloguing the events of our game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sunday Morning

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Keeper

Keeper

Sunday Morning Empty
PostSubject: Sunday Morning   Sunday Morning EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 1:43 am

The following takes place early Sunday morning, shortly after everyone gets back from the seance and are just getting settled. 
(I'm don't know if Lucien would have returned to the tower or gone straight home. Derick can decide if he is there or not.) 

The doorbell at the tower will ring.
Answering the door/looking through Ring/Out a window will reveal five nuns standing side by side.
The largest nun stands in the center. (Lucien will recognize her from the wedding at the Hunter's Club) She holds her right hand behind her back. 
Sister Marianna to her left.
The nuns are dressed in light blue habits except the center Sister who is dressed in a black habit.
The youngest looking Sister holds a cellphone.
Another holds a black bag. 
The nun in black will speak, "We have come for the sphere. We have sensed its unconfined evil which is growing and come to return it to the hell from which it came. Do not be fooled by it, it can not be controlled. Let us enter to retrieve and banish it before it lures others with its darkness."
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

Sunday Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning   Sunday Morning EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 10:32 am

Percival will answer over the Ring, “How do I know you are not going to just take it to the Hunter’s Club, for use in their nefarious purposes?”

A brief moment later, “Ah sister Marianna I hope you retrieved your rosary.”
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

Sunday Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning   Sunday Morning EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 2:33 am

Sister responds, "Our faith and intentions have been measured by our Lord and Father and hold true. Your judgement of our word in the wake of that which we have proven ourselves bears no hold on that which our Lord and Father has tasked us with. We stand true in our faith evidenced by the fact that we stand before you. Nam me hebetem nisi fallor non benevolentiae. Veritas est. Promisso meo tibi. Lest you step forward Percival Leopoldo Ottullius and dare be tested by our Lord."

Successful Latin checks will gain you a bit of insight. (Probably these checks only apply to Percival) 
Latin 1:

Latin 2:

Latin 3:

An idea check or Any critical on above latin check:

An Idea Check or Insos check:

Sister Marianna will appear about to speak but a simple hand gesture from the center nun will stop her. She'll appear to say something brief to Marianna but it is inaudible.

OUT OF GAME - If a response is given in Latin, please write it in English and let me know it is suppose to be in Latin. Google translate does a terrible job with latin and it will likely appear to be nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Lucien

Lucien

Sunday Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning   Sunday Morning EmptyFri Jun 19, 2020 4:43 am

(Lucien will come back to the tower to make sure everyone is mentally ok after the shooting.)

To Percival: "I don't trust them. Exactly what is their god anyway? Did it have anything to do with the trophy room?"
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

Sunday Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning   Sunday Morning EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 1:02 am

Sister Marianna will call out, "Daniel..." The Sister in the center seems to encourage her.
She continues, "Let us in Daniel, you've always done what is right in the past. You know we would not be here without reason."

Daniel says, "yeah, that's probably true..."
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

Sunday Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning   Sunday Morning EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 10:15 pm

Percival turns to Daniel, “Don’t be manipulated by her. I’ll open the door when I’ve determined it’s in our best interest.”
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

Sunday Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning   Sunday Morning EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 10:31 pm

Percival gets a phone call, answers but saying nothing, just seems to listen, then hangs up.

“Lucien, it seems the Feds will be coming for you in the next day or so. You might want to lay low, apparently they think you have something they want.”

Back over the ring and spoken in Latin, “my experience growing up in the church has taught me that many of the faith are never what they say they are, much less those excommunicated from the papacy. But in interest of needing the attention I have garnered, I will consider handing it over if you will aid me in making me whole again.”
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

Sunday Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning   Sunday Morning EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 10:46 pm

Daniel, "She did make me steak at Montgomery's. And she took care of him and he wasn't on good terms with the Hunter's Club. And...I mean...you know...like that other little thing...like...um...you know if I had dumped that girl in the ocean like she said, she wouldn't have gotten out of that box but it was a long drive, and cement is heavy, and you'd need a boat. But, then that girl would still be in the box, in cement, in the ocean. Probably be a coral reef by now."
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

Sunday Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning   Sunday Morning EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 10:57 pm

Sister responds (in English), "We do not bargain over evil. Listen to yourself, even now it taints and works you Mr. Ottullius as well as those around you. Your words protect and shelter it. Show strength, show strength I implore of anyone inside. Do not allow it to manipulate you." 
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

Sunday Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning   Sunday Morning EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 11:29 pm

Percival looks as Daniel as says, “they have a hit squad out their and bag full of weapons. They didn’t come here to ask. Had they simply wanted to ask, only one would have come and not by spouting vague threats in Latin.”
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

Sunday Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning   Sunday Morning EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 11:47 pm

Clarification: 
Sorry, I said I had written the thread very late when I was exhausted. Thought I had mentioned but I see I didn't. The black bag is about the size of a large purse.
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

Sunday Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning   Sunday Morning EmptySat Jun 20, 2020 11:53 pm

Daniel, "That could be the evil talking, wouldn't evil tell us not to trust nuns? If i were evil I'd tell you not to trust them."
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

Sunday Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning   Sunday Morning EmptySun Jun 21, 2020 9:16 am

“Daniel did you grow up in the Catholic Church? I did. It’s filled with pedophile priests and nuns that beat you and protect those pedophile priests. So imagine how bad these women are to have been kicked out of the church. And remember who they work for, the Hunters Club. A group of old racist men know for hunting and killing people for sport. So who are the evil ones. They want that sphere to do more evil not banish it.”

(OOC still haven’t posted my reply that I’ve been working on)
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

Sunday Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning   Sunday Morning EmptySun Jun 21, 2020 12:52 pm

Daniel, "eh, church will kick you out for anything, like if they don't like you. You get divorced and they kick you out and they just transfer pedophiles, that's how you know if you can trust a priest. If he moves around something is probably wrong with him, or if he's got whip marks. They whip themselves if they've been bad, but like on their back so sometimes you gotta rip their shirt off and that's awkward especially in public. And she took care of Montgomery who was into all kinds of weird stuff so probably got kicked out for that." 

Optional Occult or Religious or History check or No check if you think your background justifies just knowing it, including keeping up with current events:

Occult or History Check:
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

Sunday Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning   Sunday Morning EmptySun Jun 21, 2020 4:17 pm

Percival looks at Daniel and dryly says, “I don’t have time to go into where you’re wrong about that, but you are wrong, I grew up in that faith, attended their schools. And there are litany of reasons for being excommunicated, like satanic practices, which the church would most definitely believe is what Montgomery practiced. These are not good nuns. No matter how many times they act nice, or make you something you like to eat. Do not listen to their siren call.”

For the first time folks will see Percival furrow his brow and seem angry. As we Jen he usually “yelled” at folks before he maintained his composure. This time he seems to be losing it.

He stand up and goes upstairs, moves the bed, removes the floor board, grabs the box with the sphere in it. Returns downstairs. Opens the door toss the box at them, crossing himself and in Latin says “I rebuke you in the name of father, the son and the Holy Spirit. Begone agents of Satan.” Then slams the door shut.
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

Sunday Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning   Sunday Morning EmptySun Jun 21, 2020 8:31 pm

Assuming some are watching in some capacity, either through a window or the Ring.

The sister with the phone looks like she is preparing to call someone but stops. 
The sister in the center that has been doing most of the communication walks over and pokes at the box with her foot until it opens and the sphere rolls out. She brings her right arm out from behind her back revealing at least a hand and wrist that looks like an unwrapped mummy hand though from your vantage points it is hard to make out. But it is a blackened shrunken looking thing. 
She runs her hand along the sphere to find a grip on it and says, "quickly, the bag." The sister holding the bags rushes over and holds it open. 
She lifts the sphere in her one dried up blackened hand and what appears to be pinchers or legs of some sort spring forth from the orb. They bite into her hand and cling to it.
She does not wince but holds the sphere up and shouts, "you have no hold over me evil, release yourself!" 
It is difficult to tell if it does let go, but she quickly dashes it into the bag and you can see her shaking her hand as if to free it from something before she withdraws it from the bag. The sister holding the bag quickly cinches it shut. 

The nun then turns to the tower and proclaims, "May those within heed my words, the clock does not advance. The waters impeded. The witness and uninvited guest shall ascend as the crown greys and with their ascension the path before the fool opens, learn child for your time approaches.
We will call upon you a third time. Blessings upon your house and your bonds."
Back to top Go down
Lucien

Lucien

Sunday Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning   Sunday Morning EmptyMon Jun 22, 2020 5:08 pm

Lucien takes pictures of them on his phone through the window.
Back to top Go down
Lucien

Lucien

Sunday Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning   Sunday Morning EmptyMon Jun 22, 2020 5:30 pm

Lucien will step out the door, leaving his phone inside, close the door behind him, and address the nuns.

"You have the object, and you say the words of someone who thinks they are doing the right thing. I've seen a lot of things since getting mixed up in this business and it seems to me no one walks away from it without some kind of dark mark on them, including you. To me, that means you should be careful about who you judge. That's one reason I don't just trust you because you look like nuns.

You seem to appreciate Daniel, and Percival has done good by Daniel, looking after him and caring for him at great personal expense. They are both better people than me. I think Percival wanted to talk to you about something. You could at least hear him out, or maybe help us understand what all this craziness is about. Right now, we are dealing with it as it comes at us, but that's no way to win a fight. And it makes it easier for the wrong type of person to use us to do harm.

Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

Sunday Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning   Sunday Morning EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 1:21 am

The nun turns with a scornful look on her face. "Marks? Do not speak to me of marks heir Eric or would you kneel and be judged the hand of our Lord and Father. We bear our marks not as our crosses but as gifts and we have faced our judgements. 
Now ascend witness, a dog's ambition begins at home, it would rather go hungry than live with the butcher. But do not denounce yourself for lack of sense. If you tread the fields again you owe it not to the magnanimous virtue of the crown but to grey eyes for a grey crown. Go and open the door, if there is fog it will clear. The traitor is no fool." 

She turns and begins walking away.
The youngest looking for the nuns says, "We all deal with things as they come. Do not perish your faith**."

**If Percival hears this or is told what she said - Idea Check**
**For anyone that has been to the bookstore where Percival works, this would be a critical luck or critical idea check**
Perish your faith:
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

Sunday Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning   Sunday Morning EmptyWed Jun 24, 2020 10:03 am

I’m sure Percival would have read the book mainly due to it having been banned by the Catholic Church
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sunday Morning Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunday Morning   Sunday Morning Empty

Back to top Go down

Sunday Morning
Page 1 of 1