Decline’s Modern Horror Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Decline’s Modern Horror Game

For cataloguing the events of our game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

After Rosaleen gets settled in

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Percival

Percival

After Rosaleen gets settled in  Empty
PostSubject: After Rosaleen gets settled in    After Rosaleen gets settled in  EmptyMon Dec 13, 2021 1:49 pm

Percival will sit down at the table, on the second floor, in the more public section of his library.

On the table he has some papers and a laptop as well as a packaged smart phone and a SIM card.

He will be typing on his computer and whenever Rosaleen decided to walk upstairs (as Percival left the mag locked door open), he will ask her sit.

“Welcome to our madness. I’m sorry you’ve become intertwined into the chaos my life has become, but Morna always wants to make my life difficult. I’m sure she will make yours difficult as well.”

He clears his throat, and is looking at his laptop, types a few more words, then closes it.

“The phone is yours. It’s encrypted, and secure. The SIM card provided will activate it and has Ian’s, Daniel’s and my phone numbers already on it. Please make yourself at home, but I do ask that you be very, very, very… careful with the books in the library. I buy, sell and trade rare books. Mostly books on the occult. There is another library, but those books are not for anyones consumption but my own at this time.”

He will push the small pile of papers to you, “here are the various descriptions of people, places and things I’d like art of. Preferably in a more illustrative detail, than in surreal or impressionistic form. Please record the amount of time spent on them, for billing purposes.”

“If Daniel is here, please don’t get sucked into his weirdness, last thing you need to do is get arrested smearing mayonnaise all over some poor schmucks living room, or filling a basement with rotten fish. And I’m sure you think I’m joking, but I assure you i am not.” He looks at her dead serious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: After Rosaleen gets settled in    After Rosaleen gets settled in  EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 2:16 pm

Rosaleen sort of shrugs at Percival's apology, thinking that it didn't seem to be anyone's fault that some crazy... Russian? Ukrainian? Lady has, for whatever mysterious reason, decided that she needs protecting.

Rosaleen sits in the indicated chair, and looks curiously at the also indicated phone. As Percival talks, she picks up the phone, opening her mouth to say thanks, but not getting the chance as he continues on.

At the mention of rare, occult books, she perks up, again opening her mouth, this time to ask a question, only to have the papers foisted before she could get it out. She picks them up, interests piqued, and she thumbs through them quickly to get an idea of what she'll be drawing.

Without looking up she asks, "Who's Daniel?"
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: After Rosaleen gets settled in    After Rosaleen gets settled in  EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 2:44 pm

Percival replies, “Daniel is a roommate, but since I haven’t been here much as of recent, and one of his close friends had a serious stroke, he’s been staying with her to help take care of her. Daniel, if he was a rich man, would be callled “eccentric…” he makes air quotes with his hands, “… but since he is by most peoples definitions, poor and homeless, he is a crazy man, who does odd jobs, helping people get rid of ghosts, demons, and other real or imagined ailments…” after short pause, “… and he has a history of physically debunking mystics and psychics. Sometimes on TV.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: After Rosaleen gets settled in    After Rosaleen gets settled in  EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 3:07 pm

Rosaleen grins mischievously and leans forward, gripping the papers close, and says, "Well! I'll be sure to find him soon." Before Percival can reply, she stands and beelines for the closest bookshelf, peering at the spines, "How many roommates do you have?" She chuckles and continues to peruse the shelves.

"Tell me more about these illustrations," she continues, and flaps the pages in Percival's general direction, "and what they're for."
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: After Rosaleen gets settled in    After Rosaleen gets settled in  EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 4:01 pm

The bookshelves you’re looking through have copies of various editions of modern books on witchcraft, satanism, the Kabbalah, Gnosticism, Abramelic magick, folk tales, mythology, runes, etc.

It is well organized and many of the books are first editions, or rare printings. There is a large section on Thelemic magick, Crowley, the OTO, the Golden Dawn, and the associated personages and even criticisms of their practices.  

There are a small number of books that would be considered “woo” most them look to be first editions and in mint condition.

The only thing that stands out in the collection is a book entitled “the Ill Gentleman” that’s not a book, it’s a piece of wood carved to look like a book.

Percival watches as Rosaleen looks through the books, at times suppressing his discomfort in them being handled.

“I had two. I currently have three, including you, however as I stated, Daniel is currently not spending his time here, and Ian is here for a time. I know not how long.”

“The room I’ve set aside for you, belong to my former roommate, Joan.” He rolls his eye a bit. “The coffin was hers.” For all his all of annoyance at the mention of the coffin, he appears pained when mentioning Joan’s name.

I have a couple of rules, outside of what I’ve already mentioned, please clean up after yourself, please do not bring unvetted people inside my home, and Morna is to NEVER..” he stresses the word never, “… enter the tower. If she wishes to meet with you, please arrange to do it elsewhere, or at worst at the picnic table outside.”

“Ahh yes the notes, those are my written descriptions of a story I’m writing that relates to the tale of ‘the Unwedable Daughter’ it contains the description of the people, places, creatures and artifacts involved in the tale.”

Looking over the notes you find descriptions of a runic archway standing alone in a small clearing in the woods. There are descriptions of the interior of a dilapidated Abbey, worn smooth to the touch inside and devoid of any and all furnishings,  the deformed creatures living inside, the woman laying upon the black alter, and the exterior of the abbey. There is a description of a ramshackle hut, the man and woman living there, a description of the ‘Strega’ and her home, including a description of the Strega sitting at a table holding a human rib cage before her face. However the description of her alter seems to lack any of the fine detail, that has accompanied the rest of the notes, there are even multiple crossed out notes.

The notes continue with a description of a young woman who acted as a guide, a thuggish brute of man named ‘Milky,’ a collapsed structure in the wood with kneeling strawman arranged before an alter, as well as an alternate description of the same scene but the figures are rotting corpses tied and staked down to maintain their position. There are descriptions of people bound and crucified upon the trees in a forest, the image of grand temple, and the pathway there, and that of a creature labeled ‘Etunaz’ who looks like a giant elk or moose with arms growing from it’s head, near the mouth, followed by a mine entrance or borough, which opens into a sort of chapel, with and alter made of bones and wooden bowl covered in a russet colored film, possibly dried blood.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: After Rosaleen gets settled in    After Rosaleen gets settled in  EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 11:21 am

She nods in response to Percival's explanations, continuing to peruse the shelves, pulling out "The Ill Gentleman" and turning it over curiously.

"Speaking of Morna, you said that she's essentially been bothering you for quite some time. Why? I don't understand her motives, and I'm utterly at a loss as to why she'd want to gift ME of all people quite expensive art supplies. And what exactly does it mean, I need 'protecting'?" She replaces the "book" to its place. "Because, if some crazed, face-biting Russian lady is focused on the two of us, I'm going to need your help to understand."

She pauses to look at the pages in her hand and says, "How soon do you need these, by the way? And if they're for a book, is it a standard printing size, or...?"
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: After Rosaleen gets settled in    After Rosaleen gets settled in  EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 12:05 pm

As you turn the ‘Ill Gentelman’ in your hands, a weight shifts inside it.

“The whims of Morna are unpredictable, she apparently attaches herself to people either because she is bored, likes or maybe hates you, sees something to gain though you, or is annoying someone else by annoying you.” He sighs heavily, “I just don’t know nor do I understand the games she plays.”

“As for the night she sent me to “protect…” he makes air quotes, “…you, she may have known Parker was coming, or might have known that those kids might try to rape and kill you, as they apparently gang raped a young woman not long ago. I just don’t know. She could have had any number of reasons, the least of which is just to annoy me.”

He sips some coffee, “Of course it could also just because she can.”

“As for the illustrations, I don’t have a time frame as of yet, and the books will be bound in an old traditional method.” At this point Percival give you a bunch of details about printing and sizes that I personally don’t know, but he does.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: After Rosaleen gets settled in    After Rosaleen gets settled in  EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 12:22 pm

Rosaleen frowns at Percival's explanation of Morna and the kids, but chuckles at the idea that Morna is only targeting Rosaleen to annoy Percival. She sort of shrugs it off and listens as Percival explains the printing requirements. "I worked as a printer at one time, you know," she laughs as she gathers her new cell phone and papers, "At a little magazine called "Pertinent"."
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: After Rosaleen gets settled in    After Rosaleen gets settled in  EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 12:30 pm

“I did not know you once worked in printing. Book binding and repair, as well as trading in old, out of print and rare books, and well I used to work.. I guess I still do… a bookstore known for such things.”

Either way he described the dimensions and techniques used in books ranging from the late 1500s to mid 1600s, which were not standard at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After Rosaleen gets settled in    After Rosaleen gets settled in  Empty

Back to top Go down

After Rosaleen gets settled in
Page 1 of 1