Decline’s Modern Horror Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Decline’s Modern Horror Game

For cataloguing the events of our game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Strange rituals

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucien

Lucien

Strange rituals Empty
PostSubject: Strange rituals   Strange rituals EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 12:40 pm

"I have seen some very strange rituals in the past year. There was one with a big symbol on the floor. A bunch of people ended up dead. Any ideas what that was? How I can figure out what happened
I've seen people summon meek. (Tries to explain the stone carvings he saw). How do I heal that, fix those places?
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

Strange rituals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange rituals   Strange rituals EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 4:11 pm

again Percival interjects, "you mean the on at the Ellis House? i think those people died because of bullets not magic. or do you mean at the church where we found the Void? i believe your shadow killed those people."

at the mention of the meek, "in west virginia? we told the sheriff to have it all torn down, i could be wrong, but destroying the circle should close what was opened, but i doubt it would send anything that came through, back. that would require something else."

"though this does remind me of the "hell house" basement. the Priest who did that, just painted runes all over, without any order, then activated that silver box. its affected the house and the surrounding area, as the spiritual energy seems to uncontrolled and unfocused. id very much be interested in figuring out how to clean that area up."
Back to top Go down
Lucien

Lucien

Strange rituals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange rituals   Strange rituals EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 8:12 pm

"No this was before we met. There was a room with a weird symbols painted on the walls and a bunch of dead bodies."
Lucian and describes the place where he had to clean up the bodies after percival's ritual.

Last edited by Lucien on Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

Strange rituals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange rituals   Strange rituals EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 9:40 pm

“ah. Well I can’t speak to that then.”

ooc: the symbols were on the wall at Oltavs rituals
Back to top Go down
Lucien

Lucien

Strange rituals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange rituals   Strange rituals EmptyThu Jun 16, 2022 12:34 am

Note: This thread is to Polkdot and Percival.

"And then Morna's statues have strange symbols on them. Are those runes?
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

Strange rituals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange rituals   Strange rituals EmptyThu Jun 16, 2022 12:38 am

“She’s into Necromantic magic, or was. I am curious if she was actually trying to raise a necromantic lord. Not certain if the runes are the same, but I do have a book on necromantic magick, and I believe it does have some runes and other symbols in it.”

Thinking for a moment, “there are some things in that book that I’m curious about, what the black library is, is there a book entitled the book of mournful night, what does Damnos mean, and quite a few other things that it references but gives little detail about.”
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

Strange rituals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange rituals   Strange rituals EmptyFri Jun 17, 2022 1:35 am

Polk: "There was a time death didn't exist, but then there was a time when there was no growth either. Astroth at The Bowl was the first experiment in death. But it wasn't death so much as the threat of destruction. The people of The Bowl lived in fear of death but it never came...." He trails off...
"Anyway, cellular death, aging, They didn't know how to do it. Destruction they figured out. But their world was too big, they had to outsource, create a mechanism to stop growth.
They created the necromatic Lord. An automaton that fed off negative energy. It would fall dormant for periods of time, but with a surplus life, there is a surplus of negativity. This energy would store up and eventually release the necro lord. Entities learned to manipulate and harness him though. Nobody owns life, but anyone who can pick up a frying pan owns death.
This mechanism was archived after procedural growth but there are still those that believe that they can feed enough negative energy into the system they can bring back the necromatic lord.
The necromatics don't use runes...not in a conventional sense. They are runes of navigation. Places, positions, times, stellar and interstellar. And runes of prayer, runes that take and feed and collect. ...but there are no redundant system anymore so alas the necromatic lord is locked in his temple. Any surplus of energy simply leaks out like an old puddle."

Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

Strange rituals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange rituals   Strange rituals EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 1:16 pm

So this necromantic lord exists in the greylands. Or at least the pyramid does, but per description that is the necromantic lord. If the necromantic lord is not longer able to activated, what does that say about the Greylands? Is it an area of for cast offs? Was it another test area made by the demons? If it still absorbs negative energy, is that why those lands seem as they are? And would that energy be able to siphoned off and would that be or is that a bad thing to do?
Back to top Go down
Lucien

Lucien

Strange rituals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange rituals   Strange rituals EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 1:58 pm

"Two ends of a spectrum: Landfill, nuclear waste containment center. Is it both?
Can we sustain or prolong creation magic by pushing the negative energy there?
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

Strange rituals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange rituals   Strange rituals EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 2:01 pm

“Ahh or is that how the demon lords finally sustained their creations?”
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

Strange rituals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange rituals   Strange rituals EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 11:17 pm

"That is the sense that passes the censor, squeezes through between bureaus, because there's always a space between. It is sustenance and a landfill. An endless birth and death cycle supplementing the hells, filling with garbage, tumbling around the plain. A fourth dimension of rejection and blight."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Strange rituals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange rituals   Strange rituals Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange rituals
Page 1 of 1