Decline’s Modern Horror Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Decline’s Modern Horror Game

For cataloguing the events of our game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Keeper

Keeper

Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm Empty
PostSubject: Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm   Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm EmptyTue Aug 30, 2022 11:02 pm

---Not entirely sure how I'm going to post these, but for now, this one will be like this---
---I know I said ten days...it's technically more like nine days and 3/4ths or something technically as it started at night as a drizzle. This would be a bit after we left off the in person session---

@ Approximately 1:15AM - Albino, who's been sitting in the kitchen likely talking to everyone and Daniel, will get a call and step out of the room. As he walks out you'll hear him say, "Sir, I am unaware of any such protocol or plan nor would
I be disposed to discuss such an operation if in fact I did. I'm the wrong person to be contacting about this, and execution of any such protocol should it exist or not is not my position to make, recommend, or dissuade from..."

Successful Listen Check:

Albino will walk back into the room. "Ok, hypothetically, and I mean hypothetically." Sensing skepticism he adds, "really, totally hypothetically, don't get alarmed, no winks, not insinuating anything or need to panic, on a scale of one to 10 with ...I don't know... 15 being ....we nuke a city to contain this. What level of threat are we talking here?"

@ Approximately 1:45AM
A man will knock on the kitchen window.
He is holding a young girl. She is barefoot, or rather wearing one flipflop, and her jeans are slightly pulled up with her barefoot and ankle wrapped with a sock over an apparent injury.
Upon closer inspection it appears his wife and two other younger children are behind him.

Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm   Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm EmptyTue Aug 30, 2022 11:12 pm

This should be in chatter
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm   Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm EmptyTue Aug 30, 2022 11:22 pm

well we can move it or I'll do the rest in chatter.
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm   Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm EmptyTue Aug 30, 2022 11:35 pm

Quote :
Albino will walk back into the room. "Ok, hypothetically, and I mean hypothetically." Sensing skepticism he adds, "really, totally hypothetically, don't get alarmed, no winks, not insinuating anything or need to panic, on a scale of one to 10 with ...I don't know... 15 being ....we nuke a city to contain this. What level of threat are we talking here?"

“To be honest. I don’t know. But if we look at the items you sent us, the gate and summoning circles, the three stage of infection, of the HasMitAl creatures… we might be looking at a mass infection of the population. But we don’t know how long it’s takes for people to becoming more monstrous. And again I’m looking at what I’ve seen from those texts and would have to say it’s speculation with a strong sense of oh shot they figured out a way to cause some massive chaos.”

Percival sighs, “if you want my opinion… and I don’t like this option, but send troops to kill every follower of Ankroptic and HasMitAl.”

Last edited by Percival on Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm   Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm EmptyTue Aug 30, 2022 11:37 pm

Keeper wrote:
---
@ Approximately 1:45AM
A man will knock on the kitchen window.
He is holding a young girl. She is barefoot, or rather wearing one flipflop, and her jeans are slightly pulled up with her barefoot and ankle wrapped with a sock over an apparent injury.
Upon closer inspection it appears his wife and two other younger children are behind him.

“Sir are you and your family okay?”
Back to top Go down
Lucien

Lucien

PostSubject: Re: Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm   Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 12:53 am

"Someone is sending something through these coordinates. Water to Atlanta. Fire to LA. Where did you get these materials, anyway? We might be able to pinpoint who is doing this if we know more."

"My concern is how much power it would take to do these things for this long. Either a lot of people are dying or someone has something. Stopping it could be as finding the caster and putting a bullet in their head. And then marring the circle. On the other hand, we might just want to reverse the effects by reversing the circles. Send water to fire. Uhh, I don't think the reverse would work.

To Percival, "Hey, you don't think that arms dealer made a deal with someone, do you? Should we let him know about that guy? Will probably lead to more congressional stuff. We can also reach out to the counsel about this, or maybe even, no hear me out, the witches or Morna. If this is church business, that's bad for all of them."
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm   Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 1:03 am

“The issue is we don’t know where the second gate opens? We know it’s the LA area, but is it underground? And for all we know they aren’t send fire, but maybe gas of some sort that is flammable, I don’t have a clue. And this might be beyond our abilities at this time, though we might be able to hunt these folks down in the future. Or we could, speak with someone who might know what’s happening, but that might mean breaking the rules we agreed to. I doubt Morna knows much, but maybe. The Coucil might know something, the witches may as well, but so would say Ankroptic, HazMitAl, and Kor Ma Ka, or others on the demon council. We do have some names of Ankroptic casters from Landry’s notes, we could asked them impolitely to appear and answer some questions.”

Last edited by Percival on Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm   Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 2:04 am

Phone Call
Albino will walk back into another room.

Listen Check:

Family at Window
“Sir are you and your family okay?”
The man holding his daughter shouts something back in spanish.
Daniel, "Oh, I got this, and he shouts back, "eh, ah...casa fantasma cien dolares vamos."
This just produces a look of confusion on the man's face.
Daniel, "casa fantasma?"
Man shouts back something and seems to lift his daughter up a bit.
Daniel, "I don't think he has a ghost in his house."

Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm   Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 7:44 pm

Percival will look into news of current events happening in all the towns the Albino mentions.

“Lucien, will you bring the family inside and check them out medically? Also check them for weapons.”

When the Albino reappears, “Do you speak Spanish?”
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm   Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 7:52 pm

Albino: "Claro que hablo español, aunque mi dialecto de las tierras bajas es bastante risible, y me dicen que en general mi acento puede hacer llorar a una cebolla."
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm   Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 7:56 pm

“Can you speak with the family, and find out why they have come to the tower and how their daughter hurt her leg?”
Back to top Go down
Lucien

Lucien

PostSubject: Re: Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm   Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 11:11 pm

Lucien will check them out and clear them.
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm   Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 2:25 am

Albino will speak with the family and explain they live next door in the apartments and it flooded. They tried going to a neighbor but she didn't answer and might have left. The girl cut her foot on glass. They saw the light on.

--Her injury is consistent with a deep glass cut.---

Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm   Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 12:25 pm

“Tell them they can stay here, but we might need to to go grab whatever food and supplies they have and bring them here.” Percival will then turn to Lucien and the Albino, “We should watch and make sure their daughter doesn’t start showing signs of infection. Lucien if you don’t think you can stitch her up here we can take her to the hospital. it’s in walking distance.”
Back to top Go down
Lucien

Lucien

PostSubject: Re: Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm   Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 7:07 pm

Lucien will fix up her foot, try to clean it out.

To percivel quietly, "what ever is in the rain is in her foot. Maybe we should throe some protection on her. A good experiment, and might help her out.
Back to top Go down
Lucien

Lucien

PostSubject: Re: Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm   Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 7:11 pm

Lucien will see if he had contacts in those places and start calling them.

Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm   Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 7:47 pm

Lucien wrote:
Lucien will fix up her foot, try to clean it out.

To percivel quietly, "what ever is in the rain is in her foot.  Maybe we should throe some protection on her. A good experiment, and might help her out.

“We’ll have to figure out if we can adjust the ‘Banish’ spell, otherwise we might juts need to watch her, and if symptoms begin to appear, isolate her. But I agree, if they put something in the water it’s in that wound now.”

To the GM: Is it possible for Percival to modify to banish spell to target the specific creatures that the documents talk about in the text pictures?
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm   Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 10:25 pm

"Is it possible for Percival to modify to banish spell to target the specific creatures" Target as in remove internally from someone...I'd say Percival probably knows enough to think that might be theoretically possible but he knows enough realize no, and trying to do so would likely be incredibly risky and result in killing the person.

Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm   Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 10:28 pm

Keeper wrote:
"Is it possible for Percival to modify to banish spell to target the specific creatures" Target as in remove internally from someone...I'd say Percival probably knows enough to think that might be theoretically possible but he knows enough realize no, and trying to do so would likely be incredibly risky and result in killing the person.

Is that due to the way the spell is written, or due to a lack of knowledge in how to apply the theory.

Last edited by Percival on Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm   Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 10:47 pm

At Approximately 3:15am:
The power will go out.
There has already been power outages around the city. Obviously EAV probably went out first lol.
At this point it is citywide though.

Albino man will put on a pot of coffee and generally pace around making some phone calls.
He doesn't say much on the calls but does seem to be navigating automated phone menus. As he paces around he'll rummage through some drawers, eventually find some paper and a pen and scratch a few notes down.

Guests:
Ulfrido "Garcia" Vázquez - The Husband
Veda Vázquez - The Wife
Romildo "Tony"(He's a huge iron man fan and wants to be called tony) - Youngest son (age 9)
Crisanto "Chris" - Oldest son (age 10)
Carissa "Cara" - Daughter (age 12)

Ulfrido Garcia will generally spend time at the kitchen table seeming worried. Between calls Albino chats with him. Daniel will try, making the best of what apparently his vocabulary is limited to: $100, supernatural, home, go, portal, fuck, and physics.
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm   Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 10:56 pm

Percival wrote:
Keeper wrote:

Is that due to the way the spell is written, or sue to a lack of knowledge in how to apply the theory.

Ok, sorry, by "Percival probably knows enough to think that might be theoretically possible" what I meant was, Percival would probably argue for it incessantly, quiz Polk about it to the breaking point, write a dissertation on why it must be, add it to his 100 year plan, and then turn into a mad scientist trying to prove it is possible.
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm   Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 11:04 pm

Okay then. The only way to deal with this is to kill the infected. Got ya.
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm   Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 11:22 pm

Come sunrise:
Garcia will be asleep at the kitchen table.
The rest of the family asleep where ever arrangements might be allowed for. (Daniel is willing to give up "his room" but the family is freaked out by the coffin.)

Albino will tell Percival, or Lucien, whomever he is likely to first encounter or both, "Ok, I don't know the whole situation but...and you did not hear this from me, and I and everyone else will deny such a thing, and if you are recording this I will hunt you down and shoot you myself.

LA, there is no immediate action being taken for at least 24 to 48 hours, it's a hurry up and wait situation but there is a team, they just arrived at the HAARP facility getting it prep'ed on standby, and...they are going to see, if needed, about...pushing some severe weather through the area to put out the fires and cool things down.

New York, I'm hearing the, infestation or whatever it is, isn't as bad as it is being made out to be, they do have exterminator crews moving on it...and...I'd guess we can expect to hear about...I don't know, sewer gas explosions or something similar.

Here...They are in a hold pattern like LA. They want to make sure there is a threat first...and well the good news is they haven't, from what I can tell, evacuated anyone that matters or locked down any facilities. The bad news is, I'm not sure what they might have to handle this if it turns into something dramatic.

He rubs the tired on his face and says, "Other places, Detroit, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, and Chicago....look hard enough and everything starts to look possibly out of the ordinary. But hey, if it makes you feel better, this sort of thing happens all the time, well not all the time, but it's probably more frequent than you'd think, they just usually get it contained pretty quickly, concoct a story, and it falls forgotten into the old memory hole. But...it's just...well it "normally" isn't so all at once. This does feel a bit strategic but, well it's outside of my normal operations. Hell, I think I've already pushed my luck on poking my nose into this."
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm   Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 11:55 pm

When Percival looked up info about current events about those towns did he find anything?
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm   Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 7:33 pm

Since time is an issue, and I mistook the 3am for 3pm, I guess we should clarify what we’ve actually been able to do.

Earlier after the Albino arrived we talked a bit then gathered up supplies and accounted for what we have.

Then a family showed up outside the window. We checked them out and let them inside.

The Albino spoke with the family and made some phone calls.

Percival began looking over notes, trying to find anything if use for figuring out where to look for information on where the cultists are doing their casting, and who they are. As well as anything that might be useful to ward off effects. List on names, useful spells, locations.

Percival asks Lucien and the Agent if they can help, but being so late, calling folks for information on the identify of the casters and seconds, may not be possible till morning time.

Power goes out.

What Percival would like to do before morning time:

- looking up satellite images on cater lake and the gateway lake to check their levels.
- searching the names of the known casters in Landy’s notes. Minus Joseph Gavin.
- then sleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm   Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm Empty

Back to top Go down

Day 9ish to 10ish Stormy Storm Storm
Page 1 of 1