Decline’s Modern Horror Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Decline’s Modern Horror Game

For cataloguing the events of our game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Albino Potential Rescue Contacts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Keeper

Keeper

Albino Potential Rescue Contacts Empty
PostSubject: Albino Potential Rescue Contacts   Albino Potential Rescue Contacts EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 4:13 am

If none of these float your boat, let me know. I have a few more I can post. I pulled from a selection of various outfits to generally cover what I thought you might be looking for. Some are, obviously, more legit than others. So I can go either way and post some more legit ones, or some less legit ones.  

Some of this depends on what kind of rescue you are looking for, and how much you tell them. (IE: Telling someone there is a threat in the water/potential for a fight/etc is likely to drive up the cost.)
--Most of these, with a few exceptions, are not in the immediate area and may take up to 24 hours to deploy.

Steve and Dwain
They live outside the perimeter and own a "monster" truck. It's a lifted 650hp turbo diesel. They are a couple of "rednecks." Jump in the back and go.
They'll probably come for a few hundred bucks and a case of beer.

Alpha Rescue
They are more a of wilderness search and rescue crew with access to a helicopter if required.
Won't do armed conflict

AL&R
Operated by retired rangers, they are mostly an airlift/air rescue group
Won't do armed conflict

Chattahoochee Wilderness Rescue
Have boats. Mostly used to rescue campers and kayakers.
Won't do armed conflict. (In fact might not even be willing to attempt to anything, or might be coordinating currently with GEMA to begin rescue operations in general.)

Executive Compass
PMC (Private Military Company)
Access to a wide variety of military equipment.
Doesn’t usually do small jobs, but for a price might.
Will absolutely do armed conflicts, happily.
Willing to travel nearly anywhere.
Have fought with the Boko Haram in Nigeria.
Sent advisors to Sierra Leone to “aid logistics” for support of child soldiers.
Currently been running a lot of operations in South America.
Lucien might know one or two of them peripherally.

“MI Utkin” (Nickname, though last name is Utkin)  
This isn’t a company but a mostly retired individual with his own Mil MI-24 helicopter. ( large helicopter gunship, attack helicopter and low-capacity troop transport with room for eight passengers.)
Technically the armament is decommissioned…on paper.
Shows up mostly at airshows and the occasional nascar event but does contract out for…other events and governments.

Triple Academi
Technically they are a security detail

“Bell” Cole & The Beehive Boys (and girls)
Stationed in Louisiana.
Albino describes them not so much as a military or search and rescue operation but more like a deranged untrained cult crossed with a motorcycle gang. They have lots of boats and swamp boats and are a bit crazy. But they’ll probably work for gas money and a chance to try to recruit you to their Acheron commune.

COMCAP
A “special operations” division for LogCap who provides secondary support for militaries. (Such as feeding, road construction, barrack construction, etc.)
ComCap is an unofficial small outfit fast strike extraction hirable team.

Krivo Aid
Might be out of business.
Usually hanging on by a thread.
Employs from around 3 people to a peak of 50.
Operated by George Krivo. He pieced together this ever changing group of mostly self taught “mercenaries.”
Probably better to think of Krivo Aid as a hub, or loose network crossed with a temp agency. Krivo assess the situation, assembles a team, and will dispatch them.
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Albino Potential Rescue Contacts   Albino Potential Rescue Contacts EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 12:23 pm

Percival votes for COMCAP or the Beehive as they sounds like a bunch of Daniel’s who became a cult.
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Albino Potential Rescue Contacts   Albino Potential Rescue Contacts EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 1:19 pm

I probably should have mentioned Xtrak also

Xtrak
One of if not the largest global rescue recovery networks
Preferred by the adventuring wealthy.
Costs can be covered by insurance (if you have policy.)*
Guarantee extraction within 24 hours anywhere in the world.

Added note:
They technically operate on a subscription basis but might be willing to do a job with a subscription purchase. (Usually $100,000 to $500,000 yearly with the purchase PLB (Personal Locator Beacon) of which they offer several varieties including high end luxury watches and bulky keychains.)
The technically do not enter active war zones.
Their main thing is like rescue from the arctic or k2, everest.
They have performed successful extractions in South America in kidnapping cases but how exactly they operated isn't advertised and it is possible they simply delivered ransom as they do come across as non-combative. They do mention training in the use of nonlethal weaponry and crowd control.
They will do vehicle and equipment recovery at their discretion.

*It is possible to get insurance policies for specific adventures. These are written specifically for an outing and not covered under general insurance.
Back to top Go down
Lucien

Lucien

PostSubject: Re: Albino Potential Rescue Contacts   Albino Potential Rescue Contacts EmptyTue Sep 13, 2022 8:24 pm

Comcap is fine.
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Albino Potential Rescue Contacts   Albino Potential Rescue Contacts EmptyWed Sep 14, 2022 1:23 am

Albino will call on the sat phone.
Looking at about $1,000 to $1,500 per person (meaning the extractors (soldiers)) per day.
About $1,500 and up for the pilot if you want a helicopter, plus $1,000 for the copter per day and $600 an hour operation cost.
They can assemble in about 48 hours give or take but...there's a no fly zone, and one reason for the 48 hours is they need to get clearance." He adds as an aside, "This is the US, running an attack helicopter over and into a US city in a no fly zone...it's bad optics. This isn't Iraq."
"And that's the other issue, if they come in on "foot, boat, whatever," are they going to be "allowed." Now it sounds like they are willing, skirt the issue if there is one
And they aren't going to engage US civilians, and they don't want to be seen pushing people off a rescue boat. They aren't going to be exactly flying a logo out there, they don't want ID'ed. But got to agree....it looks bad."

"One concern I have, if these, whatever is out there, looks like civilians and they won't engage..."
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Albino Potential Rescue Contacts   Albino Potential Rescue Contacts EmptyWed Sep 14, 2022 12:18 pm

“I believe the first stage of infection folks look normal, though they have that whip tongue which has a mouth of its own, and spreads those hairs or worms that infect people. I believe my fathers stage of infection must have been stage three. So i would say most of those infected folks will look normal

As for the witches, some will look normal but with cutting scars, missing fingers, pulled out hair, others, those who’ve been witches for a long time will have serious deformities, or alien features, they don’t exactly look human, but can use magic to hide their real appearance.

None of this will be easy. It will be messy, but the faster we go, the better chances we have.”
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Albino Potential Rescue Contacts   Albino Potential Rescue Contacts EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 1:47 am

Albino, "Well, if it's a go, we just need to give them names, the number to be picked up, and the location. They'd like pictures but we don't exactly have a good way to do that, and it's a go."
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Albino Potential Rescue Contacts   Albino Potential Rescue Contacts EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 7:01 pm

“Let’s see, Me, you, Lucien, Garcia, his wife, their two children, and…” he turns towards the woman that came here escaping her husband, “I have forgotten your name.”

Turning back to the Agent, “Thats eight, plus Lucien and I will be bringing our research materials, guns, equipment etc, and we’ll bring enough food, water, etc for us all. Do you think they would bring ups an armored vehicle that could hold us all? I’m paying I might as well get a good off road vehicle that can withstand some punishment, out of it.”
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Albino Potential Rescue Contacts   Albino Potential Rescue Contacts EmptySat Sep 17, 2022 6:48 pm

Albino does some back of napkin math out loud, "Eight people, two are kids so they can probably cram them into one. Boat holds 8, they'll use an 8 man team plus two more for the 2nd boat..." He glances up, "they need two per boat minimum."
"Time sensitive...10 of them plus eight, two are kids, already said that, we'll call it nine per boat load out, travel, miscellaneous expenses, haul everything here.... I'd say, we are in the ballpark for $26,600 or so...which is a bargain. If they want they might tack on more for expedited travel expenses, fuel, etc."

He then looks at Percival like he's waiting for the punch line of a joke but realizes he is being serious.
"Ok...Ever seen Operation Firestorm Peru? Left for Dead 3? Cartel Hustle? Wings of Hell the final casualties?
This is an extraction...not two men and a truck.
They are going get in as close as they can, deploy on boats, secure the location, identify and secure the people closest to the money, then get anyone else, and we'll be leaving...in probably under three minutes. They aren't going to be loading all your..." He waves an arm around, "like a moving company. And they aren't personal shoppers. Again...rescue, extraction operation."
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Albino Potential Rescue Contacts   Albino Potential Rescue Contacts EmptySun Sep 18, 2022 2:07 am

Albino: "I'm also not sure how seriously they believing this threat, but you can expect to incur more cost if they end up in an actual fight."

"I'm not even sure how seriously we are suppose to be taking this. I mean, if there is something in the water, why are we going out in it, with a group that has been out in it. What if they get here and we find they are infected? And...excuse my paranoia here, but, if they turn out to be some Ankroptic fanatics?
Where are we even going? We leave, they drop us off at the edge of this flooding, is that it?
We can expect gema, fema, red cross probably, there is likely staging occurring. You're going to end up in a shelter full of people that have been slogging through that mess."

"...There is maybe another option. The offices are, most likely empty. I can't see how it would be any better than here, well, other than being more secure. But...we'd probably have to swim into the entrance, which I'm not so sure of, but is that any different than weathering it in boats for the next...how many miles."
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Albino Potential Rescue Contacts   Albino Potential Rescue Contacts EmptySun Sep 18, 2022 9:28 pm

Percival looks annoyed, “right. I asked if you THOUGHT…” he puts emphasis of the word thought, “…they would supply a vehicle so we could leave. But never mind what words mean I guess.”

Percival shrugs off his annoyance and his desire to continue being snarky, “Anyway… what do you suggest? We sit here and wait til we run out of food and clean water? We have another option, one of us goes. Either Me or Lucien, we open a gate and once one of us gets to safe place and we all walk through it.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albino Potential Rescue Contacts   Albino Potential Rescue Contacts Empty

Back to top Go down

Albino Potential Rescue Contacts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Decline’s Modern Horror Game :: Hush :: The Game :: Chatter-
Jump to: