Decline’s Modern Horror Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Decline’s Modern Horror Game

For cataloguing the events of our game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chatting with "The Queer"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Keeper

Keeper

Chatting with "The Queer" Empty
PostSubject: Chatting with "The Queer"   Chatting with "The Queer" EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 4:08 am

Why The Queer?
"I'm peculiar."

The queer has only been in the US about two weeks. The church lost contact with Cardinal Dave, which isn't unusual except they visited the ruined monastery at Heraclea Minoa and the remains of the nuns had fallen off the crosses.
The bodies were excommunicated nuns that were crucified by the locals.

The story goes that the 13 nuns refused to die and their spirits lived on to take possession of the unborn for generations.

The prophecy says, "Quando i discendenti di quelli del sangue maledetto che hanno fatto un patto con il diavolo scenderanno all'inferno e periranno, i loro corpi e il loro spirito saranno perdonati e troveranno riposo."
Roughly translated it means, "When the descendents of those of the cursed blood that have made a pact with the devil shall descend into hell and perish, their bodies and spirit shall be forgiven and find rest."

The Queers accent goes back and forth, when he speaks Italian to having nearly none when he speaks English.

This he says will signal the awakening and rise of the strega who will bring the final destruction. He explains that the strega will open a gateway to hell and the devil will rise and topple the church. It is written in the (translated) "The Blood Dominion Pact" that the devil will be given license to destroy and take the "spiritus vocator protectorate" meaning the Catholic Church.

The Queer believes sometime around 1700 Anja M. Voskresenska moved to the US, or at least visited. He says it is not very clear and it could have been she made her final move as late as 1909.
He also believes she is the one that killed "your teacher."

She has two understudies:
1. Alicia Dimitree
Alicia has three "daughters" but not by birth.
Cassandra (not to be confused with the other Cassandra), Bella, and Daniela.
2. Cassandra Beneviento

He believes Anja had resided here, or been hosted.
He came hoping to find a sign or a clue or something that might help in her destruction. He's been searching around for about a week but says it has been so long since she might have been here there is probably nothing if there ever was.

He says, "however powerful you think Anja might be, double it three fold."
"She is a master of masters of illusion and control, and you must never engage one or you give it credibility."

Cardinal David they lost contact with and thought he had died. Though, that has happened often and they were not too concerned initially as he always seemed to pop back up. David was sent to do some general investigating, (mostly they just didn't want to deal with him and were trying to give him busy work) but ended up traveling throughout south america performing exorcisms.
He doesn't believe in many of the old writings and had come to think the church was going to fall from the inside. He began communicating only directly to the pope, or trying to, but the pope would pass his communications back down. David had become convinced that a priest (Father Abraham) was actually a devil. (OFC - for memory sake, this would have been the priest at the church when David tried to get your "confessional").
David had come to believe the Hunters' Club had managed to convince some members of the church that their head's longevity was evidence they were descended from Christ. David believed the nuns pretended to be convinced and were actually watching and waiting for a time to strike. Regardless David focused his attention internally on the church which was causing a lot of problems.
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with "The Queer"   Chatting with "The Queer" EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 1:12 pm

OOC: Have we heard of Anja before?

OOC: How long does it appear Polks cabin was burned down? Time wise we can’t be much more than three weeks since we left Polks. So if it appears longer than that, then, who the hell taught us magic?

“Cardinal Dave is alive and well, sitting in a warehouse in Atlanta, surrounded by water. But he is safe. We can call him on our satellite phone if you’d like to speak with him.” Percival says. “we could also bring him here if he’d accept the invitation.”

“As for the Nuns, I called one of them and heard a strange screeching sound, like a cat, but not a cat. And nothing else. Not sure about your prophecy, but it seems that the witches were at least fighting against an avatar of Ankroptic in Atlanta, at least according to the mural the old man at the clinic in Mexico was painting.”

“I don’t believe there is a Devil…” he makes air quotes, “… but demons, devils and daemons seem to be of the same children created by Them, who are locked behind the gate. But maybe one of them left and helped their creations do what they have done, and would be analogous to Christian mythology around the devil.”

“However Cardinal Dave was right and you have a ground swell of folks worshiping Ankroptic, HazMitAl, and KorMaKa, and maybe others, within your church, and not just within Catholicism, but within the Protestant religions, and probably Islam and Judaism as well.”

“As for Father Abraham, he had become or was possessed by a Woyme Laad, a creature of HazMitAl. Hyper aggressive, extremely fast and deadly, their bite from their whip like tongue can infect you with this these hair like worms that slowly turn you into one of them.”

Last edited by Percival on Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lucien

Lucien

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with "The Queer"   Chatting with "The Queer" EmptyTue Nov 15, 2022 1:38 am

Lucien leans in to Percival. "I wonder if that nun that 'dies', might have survived by playing dead. Or just, 'dying'."

"Sounds like the prophesy came true. Does this 'Pact' give any other clues?"
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with "The Queer"   Chatting with "The Queer" EmptyTue Nov 15, 2022 10:25 pm

Lucien wrote:
Lucien leans in to Percival.  "I wonder if that nun that 'dies', might have survived by playing dead.  Or just, 'dying'."

"Sounds like the prophesy came true.  Does this 'Pact' give any other clues?"

“We could try summoning her, and see if we get her or her spirit.”
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with "The Queer"   Chatting with "The Queer" EmptyWed Nov 16, 2022 12:53 am

Anja - No
Burn - No not years...I think time wise it's been close to or closing in on a month. The fire would be a couple of weeks perhaps.

T.Q. about the devil, "the church is well aware but...we stick to the story."

Pollard when he gets a chance away from the queer will say, "I remember seeing his file once, he'd have been in his twenties. Got his name from confusion over translations from chinese intelligence. He worked his way across china crippling MSS agents reportedly on order from the vatican in response to persecution of catholics. If I remember correctly there was a chinese officer he tied him down, and gave him a full pedicure while his family died in front of him. ...you can see why the file got passed around a bit. "

Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with "The Queer"   Chatting with "The Queer" EmptyWed Nov 16, 2022 1:43 pm

Keeper wrote:

Burn - No not years...I think time wise it's been close to or closing in on a month. The fire would be a couple of weeks perhaps.

Don’t know where you got years from, but okay so the timeline is looking about what I had said.

Quote :
T.Q. about the devil, "the church is well aware but...we stick to the story."

“I think the cat is out of the bag Father, even my parents joined the cult worshipping Ankroptic and HazMitAl. Hell my father is a Woyme Laad now, and their entire parish a part of the the cult as well. It’s where we met Cardinal Dave.”

Quote :
Pollard when he gets a chance away from the queer will say, "I remember seeing his file once, he'd have been in his twenties. Got his name from confusion over translations from chinese intelligence. He worked his way across china crippling MSS agents reportedly on order from the vatican in response to persecution of catholics. If I remember correctly there was a chinese officer he tied him down, and gave him a full pedicure while his family died in front of him. ...you can see why the file got passed around a bit. "

“So you’re saying we should stay on his good side and maybe see if we can get him working with us to help handle the witches and the cult?”
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with "The Queer"   Chatting with "The Queer" EmptySun Nov 20, 2022 3:23 am

Years - I wasn't sure if you meant "who the hell trained us" as in something ghostly gone for a long time.

Pollard gets a look of confusion, "Correct me if I'm wrong, my non-existent Latin is rusty, but, you didn't say Catholic Church."
Queer, "What do you mean?"
Pollard, "You said, meaning the Catholic Church, but you did use the word Catholic."
Queer, "spiritus vocator protectorate."
Pollard, "Well I don't know what that means but that doesn't sound like Catholic."
Queer, "It is referring to the church."
Pollard, "Is it?"
Queer, "There is nothing else it can be referring to. The church is the protector of the spirit. It has done so since its inception, having created God to do just that, protect the people's spirits from these dark forces."
Pollard, "Ok, this ancient text pact refers to something the Catholic Church does which it made up to do?"

Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with "The Queer"   Chatting with "The Queer" EmptySun Nov 20, 2022 4:43 pm

Keeper wrote:
Years - I wasn't sure if you meant "who the hell trained us" as in something ghostly gone for a long time.
I would have if you said it appeared the cabin had been burned for years, or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with "The Queer"   Chatting with "The Queer" Empty

Back to top Go down

Chatting with "The Queer"
Page 1 of 1