Decline’s Modern Horror Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Decline’s Modern Horror Game

For cataloguing the events of our game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Motel, Maths, & Madness

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Keeper

Keeper

Motel, Maths, & Madness  Empty
PostSubject: Motel, Maths, & Madness    Motel, Maths, & Madness  EmptyFri May 12, 2023 1:08 am

Motel, Maths, & Madness  Ba-66010

For timing purposes I am going to assume this takes place in the morning, after Percival returns from buying white boards as I assume he'd go very early in the morning.

Math Guy Plan:
Math Guy will emerge in the morning and say:
"I tried to calculate how long there might be but there are just too many variables. However, I do have a plan.
We will need:
Two envelopes, which I have.
Stamps, which I have.
Paper and pen, which I have.
$65 in cash or money order which I don't have.
An address, which I don't have.
To get the $65 though, once we finish eating these 24 cans, I can press them into ashtrays. We sell them for $5 each, and that will net us, $120. More than enough.
The address, we can probably use this motel's address.
Now...we can't get ahold of the NWO report, but the US government has a secret program that has been in place since at least the 50s which keeps tabs on US citizens. That data gets compiled into a report by a company innocuously called Work Inc. Work Inc gets their funding, in part, through broadcasting, let's call it fetish scenarios, for the world's elite, and all their work goes into a yearly report. So, we write to The Headquarters in Pueblo Colorado, send them a self addressed stamped envelope and $65, and request the latest Work report. Once it gets delivered here, then I think I can extrapolate enough data to make a prediction as to when all this will...." He makes a little whistling noise. "flush into our little null singularity and spit us out on the other side."

Eerling's Plan
Eerling thinks,
1. He will create a gate to Nosfentors, go request a council, and see if he can get some answers.
2. Everyone else: When the wardrobe opens into the Greylands again, go return the bells.
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Motel, Maths, & Madness    Motel, Maths, & Madness  EmptyFri May 12, 2023 1:19 am

Percival looks at the Mathmatician and hands him hundred dollar bill, “money is not an object. What address do you need? And do you think it’s wise to draw the brown striped suit peoples attention to this place? Or to us? I personally hate them. Especially since they tried to kill me.”

As for Erlings, idea.. “Are you sure it will be safe to go to Nosfendors? And I have no idea where to take the bells in relation to where the armoire opens up. The grey lands are vast, and dangerous, probably even more so with Hazmital having entered or at least brought through many of his minions.”
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Motel, Maths, & Madness    Motel, Maths, & Madness  EmptyFri May 12, 2023 1:37 am

Maths, "What address? A mailing address. The motel should have one. As for attention, this place isn't really a secret, just nobody ever comes here...except an occasional security guard but mostly he stays up by the road and checks the fence. If he thinks you're staying here UFO spotting he might run you off but otherwise doesn't seem to care too much."

Eerling, " Safe? No...which is why you aren't going. Nosfendtor can be finicky. Demonic lords also don't have a very good sense of time, so I can't say exactly how long I'll be. Nosfendor likes to make everyone wait but...I think he'll see me...." Eerling lets out a small sigh like there might be history there.

"Vast and dangerous..." He looks disappointed in you. "I'd say head for the center? You might even run into it or hear it roaming and won't need to go all the way. I don't know. Could try ringing them and maybe that will draw its attention. Or just dump them and run away and maybe it will find them." He looks disappointed again, "or just, I'll do it when I get back. Nosdender won't kill me, so it's probably better if I go see him first, and you all can just wait here and then wait and see if I'm successful getting them returned. If I'm not, you'll have to be plan B then, or find someone else."
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Motel, Maths, & Madness    Motel, Maths, & Madness  EmptyFri May 12, 2023 1:33 pm

Percival looks at Maths, “isn’t there a phone book or a Bible in the drawer inside the pin? The address might be found there. Or any old stationary in the office?”

Answering Erling, “no I’ll take care of it. I’ve been through a lot of dangerous situations, but we would need to prepare. Learning the creation and binding mantras before we go would be a great help. One thing though, where’s the center.” Percival looks at Erling expectantly, then before he can speak, “shit I forgot I have a map of the Greylands, I doubt it has everything but it might give us an idea which way to go and find Loralie.”

He turns back to Maths, “how long did you say till the current location changes? Two weeks? And how long till the grey lands appears?”
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Motel, Maths, & Madness    Motel, Maths, & Madness  EmptySat May 13, 2023 2:49 am

"Maths:" No no, two weeks is the deviation...from reseting across any given point during the rotation until the chance of repetition from a deviated reset is below the threshold for being random, though in light of this new discovery I've made, random is incorrect but since we can not predict the patterns outside of our own there is an unknown where another point might intersect in a non-repeating function. We have approximately 39 hours until the shift begins to take place, which may take place during a 16 hour window from yesterday which yielded a maximum of 55 hours to the next shift. Of course it might shift back to the muddy area, but probably not, especially if it has already come from there before our arrival.
Now if my prediction is correct, the desert should be next in the rotation, followed by the greylands...However if is the tropical area, then I'd suspect we wouldn't see the Greylands for quite awhile. I should be able to make a better prediction after the next change takes place for when it occurs during the window.
See, I call them swirls or whirlpools but they are more oblong but the length of time through the window should tell us where in the tightening sweeping curve of the swirl we are at."

He continues, "...Of course...there might be another way. If, theoretically, we are experiencing this, then it is likely the other places are as well, one could very likely jump from one to the other. That would be mean, in this case, going into the muddy area and locating another junction point, I don't like to call them that anymore. But, if you could locate it, well if you imagine a carousel of stepping stones, you can either hop from one stone to another, or wait for a stone to come around."

He continues, "...In fact I'd guesstimate if you could locate all the points, you could jump to the greylands from any given point in...at most 8 jumps...provided you clear each jump before a shift at one of them occurs....unless....

If you press him on "unless what":
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Motel, Maths, & Madness    Motel, Maths, & Madness  EmptySat May 13, 2023 2:51 pm

“Right well we could just drive to the Ellis house, get back into the basement and enter the Greylands from there. We know there is a stable entrance point there.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motel, Maths, & Madness    Motel, Maths, & Madness  Empty

Back to top Go down

Motel, Maths, & Madness
Page 1 of 1