Decline’s Modern Horror Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Decline’s Modern Horror Game

For cataloguing the events of our game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Neil Visits (Before Lucien gets back)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Keeper

Keeper

Neil Visits (Before Lucien gets back)  Empty
PostSubject: Neil Visits (Before Lucien gets back)    Neil Visits (Before Lucien gets back)  EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 1:03 am

Neil will call and then come over for a visit.

---I'm sectioning things off a bit just to make interruption points easy---

Rosaleen:
1. He'll introduce himself to Rosaleen as Rainiel Ortiz but, "call me Neil."
1A. Where are you from?
1B. What brings you here?
1C. How do you know Percival?
1D. You should join the Atlanta Paranormal Society! We meet every couple of weeks. It's a great way to meet new people! We meet and check out different places that are suppose to be haunted, and we're doing a haunted cemetery tour for Halloween, and we do tomb rubbings which have gotten displayed in some art galleries, there's conventions and stuff. Oh! And we get to take classes from Daniel for half price. He's like opened this whole ghost busting gym thing up, which we might start meeting there, I don't know because, there's no food or anything there so we haven't decided yet really.

Percival
2. As soon as he gets a chance he will ask Percival, "So...you two...like...you know? Are you two like a thing?"

Both but Mostly Percival
3. He is super excited to hear all about your "adventure." In great detail.
He will be constantly sorry he couldn't make it.

4. Inquiring into if he's looked into those things he was given
4A. "Yeah, sort of...I got a bit sidetracked." He seems ready to burst with something he's discovered.
"So I was looking into it and then started researching some connected to it, to get sort of a background knowledge, but then while looking up some books I remembered you are really into books, like old books, and started digging through....well..." He waves his hands around dismissively, trying to bring himself to just get to the point. "Well, I found something! Something really interesting.

4B. So, you know what the Necronomicon is right? It's a fictional book created by Lovecraft, he used to be this horror writer. Have you read any Lovecraft?
Ok, well, it's fictional, but it is possibly based on a real book, and not like the ancient Egyptian Book of the Dead, but this thing called the Trill Car Dare which there is only like one of in the whole world but maybe some copies, and is suppose to contain spells that can summon devils sort of like The Book of Abramelin, have you heard of that?

4C. It is like tied to the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn which was a secret society that studied occult magic, the Book of Abramelin, not the Trill Car Dare. ...I mean maybe they used it to.

4D. But ok, so check this out, every like seven years people go looking for this book and it's like straight up Evil Dead stuff, like the whole inked in blood, bound with human skin.

4E. So here's what I'm thinking, I've done a bit of research on it already, and guess what, everyone I've called...says they haven't heard of it, or....they don't have it. Which means, they have heard of it.
And even crazier, I called this one place and the guy said, and I quote, "That sounds really interesting, you should contact this guy Percival Ottilius in Atlanta, and fill him in on it."
I'm like, holy shit, I know this guy! I mean, I don't say that but I'm thinking it. And then he tells me to give him my name and number and, check this out, if he ever gets a copy, I'll be the first one he calls."

4F. So I'm thinking we get the club and do like a whole sort of video podcast mystery series right. Like we'll go look for this book, each episode will be like an abandoned, haunted, creepy place, the book will tie it all together but then like after some episodes we'll like "go dark" or maybe like in one episode we could hint that we may have found it. And maybe along the way we can find some people looking for it and like interview them about it. There could even be like "down" episodes where we do like rubbings and stuff, but still talk about it while doing that, like maybe anagram some names on the rubbings and wonder if they are tied into it. You know, like it would be like a real ghost hunting show, but sort of fictional arc, but also real, and then I don't know, maybe like next year Rick will call me and we can be like, "we found it!" And then like do a whole episode of trying it out, but like cut right before the end, did it work? Did it not work?

Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Neil Visits (Before Lucien gets back)    Neil Visits (Before Lucien gets back)  EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 2:37 am

Percival looks Neil dead in the eye and says, “No. Rosaleen and I are not in a relationship. She needed a place to stay, and I was asked by a mutual acquaintance to give her one.”

As for Percival’s last trip, he doesn’t really go into much detail, just says that it ended up being a dead end, as for the information he was looking for but it’s wasn’t all lost. Though he did end up in an accident and was hurt.

Listening to Neil ramble on about the Tril, Percival become very stone faced, then asks, “Who did you speak with? Other than Rick? This could put you in serious danger. Searching for the Tril will only get you killed. I know of only a handful of people alive today that have searched for it, they vast majority of them have died, been killed or committed suicide.” Percival will drink his coffee entirely, then follow with, “it would arguably be safer to uncover and out members of the Ankroptic cult.”

Percival looks a bit disappointed, “I asked you to look into Insosperti, it’s probably as dangerous to look into, but more for your personal sanity. And it’s been one of the aspects of the occult I have had little time to put research into. And need to get more information about.”

“As for APS, Insosperti would be a far better series, as you can actually make a series out of, it’s both a game, as well as something akin to like a cursed tarot, it’s filled with Occult lore, and dark macabre stories behind what equate as face cards. And it is largely forgotten.”

Last edited by Percival on Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:37 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited becuause I missed that Ricks name was in Neil’s ramblings.)
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Neil Visits (Before Lucien gets back)    Neil Visits (Before Lucien gets back)  EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 1:15 am

1. Yeah you look banged up. What happened?

2. An-kroptish...ic ankroptic...ankroptic cult? What's that? Do they have temples like the masons?
3. Tril - "So, you've heard of it! That is a great setup, that should be our opener, "I know of only a handful of people alive today that have searched for it." So...what do you know about it?
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Neil Visits (Before Lucien gets back)    Neil Visits (Before Lucien gets back)  EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 8:54 am

Keeper wrote:
1. Yeah you look banged up. What happened?

“A car accident.”

Quote :
2. An-kroptish...ic ankroptic...ankroptic cult? What's that? Do they have temples like the masons?

“A cult that worships the demon Ankroptic. Again without endangering you, it’s probably best left alone. As for the Masons… they are a social club and nothing more. Though I’m sure the cult has found a home amongst their members.”

Quote :
3. Tril - "So, you've heard of it! That is a great setup, that should be our opener, "I know of only a handful of people alive today that have searched for it." So...what do you know about it?

“You don’t listen very well do you?” Percival looks a bit perturbed. “This isn’t a game, or some sensationalist YouTube channel like the 8th Dimension, things that have real significance, have real consequences. Often deadly consequences.”

Percival gets up and pours himself another cup of coffee, sips it, then returns to his seat.

“If you want to be useful, and you want to help me, you need to do what I’ve asked you to do, instead of going off on tangents. Do the research I asked for you to do on Insosperti, or don’t bother offering to help. As of now you’re proving unreliable, and unless you can refocus, I can’t use your help.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neil Visits (Before Lucien gets back)    Neil Visits (Before Lucien gets back)  EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 12:08 pm

1. (He'll introduce himself to Rosaleen as Rainiel Ortiz but, "call me Neil.") "How do you do, Neil? Rosaleen Thorn, very nice to make your acquaintance." She sips from the cup of tea she is hauling around.

1A. (Where are you from?) She laughs a bit and answers, "Recently transplanted from Australia, I'm afraid!" She grins and laughs again.

1B. (What brings you here?) Rosaleen smiles over her tea cup "I, ah, couldn't take the heat anymore, if you will."

1C. (How do you know Percival?) "Percival has, for reasons beyond my ken, been charged with protecting me. I had an odd run in with some sort of Russian woman, ended up in the woods where people were shot, and now I'm here." She gestures vaguely around. "I was just trying to find other witches." Rosaleen sneaks a sideways look at Percival, considering the odd reaction from him & Lucien the last time she mentioned "witches".

1D. (You should join the Atlanta Paranormal Society! We meet every couple of weeks. It's a great way to meet new people! We meet and check out different places that are suppose to be haunted, and we're doing a haunted cemetery tour for Halloween, and we do tomb rubbings which have gotten displayed in some art galleries, there's conventions and stuff. Oh! And we get to take classes from Daniel for half price. He's like opened this whole ghost busting gym thing up, which we might start meeting there, I don't know because, there's no food or anything there so we haven't decided yet really.)

She smiles pleasantly while Neil explains, although she looks a little confused by the concept of a "ghost-busting gym".

"Thank you for the invitation, Neil, it sounds lovely! I'd be honored to attend. Do let me know the next time you meet."

Rosaleen listens to the exchange between Neil and Percival, sipping her tea.
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Neil Visits (Before Lucien gets back)    Neil Visits (Before Lucien gets back)  EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 2:44 am

Neil seems annoyed.
"Ok, well, I asked if they had temples like masons do, that was all...I don't listen very well? Unreliable What? I'll look up what I want to look up, I don't work for you. I wanted to do some stuff with you all. Like with, not oh go away, I know "busy" work when I see it, but fine whatever. You know I just wanted to get involved in something like, a real experience, not sent off like some personal secretary errand boy, let me just go sit at home alone and do whatever Percival says and maybe one day his little clique will let me do something with them. I'm not stupid and I know that little stunt at your friend's "house" what, was I suppose to run away screaming or something?
I'm going to look up whatever I want, whenever I want, and call whoever I want, and I listen just fine, fine enough to know you don't want to tell me anything cause that makes you feel all superior, got your little secret bullshit. And you know what, maybe I did fine out about this Insosperti but guess you'll never know now."
With that he looks around, a bit disoriented, for the door, gets his bearings and leaves.

He'll pause right before he does and look over to Rosaleen, "it was nice meeting you, sorry you had to see that, we have a meeting next Saturday."

Once outside Ring video will show he seems really agitated and even kicks the tower. He then mutters, "fuck, he's like some stupid high school dungeon master caricature, who the fuck lives in a tower? Pretentious bullshit. Just wanted to make some friends and do something." Then he seems to remember there is a Ring and he looks down at it, "I'm going to just find that stupid book myself, how ya like them apples?"

He will then drive away in his 1989 toyota corolla hatchback.
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Neil Visits (Before Lucien gets back)    Neil Visits (Before Lucien gets back)  EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 11:44 am

Percival will call Neil as he’s driving away, completely expecting to go to voice mail.

“Good job, you failed your second chance at being able to help us out. Frank, didn’t want to work with you after you were shown the house, but I had figured you were just in denial like most folks would be.  I do not know you, I don’t know if you’re reliable, I don’t know if you follow through, I don’t know if you can even handle yourself, and good job Neil, you’ve proven you can not. Instead you act like a scolded child. I’m not your father Neil. Did you think I would just divulge everything i know to someone I barely knew and have zero idea if they could be trusted? Have a good day Neil.”

Last edited by Percival on Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neil Visits (Before Lucien gets back)    Neil Visits (Before Lucien gets back)  EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 11:58 am

Lips pursed and eyebrows nearly sky high, Rosaleen looks off into the recesses of the room, clearly uncomfortable by the end of the exchange.

"Bit harsh?" She suggests, sips her tea and looks towards Percival. "But, then again, it is none of my business."
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Neil Visits (Before Lucien gets back)    Neil Visits (Before Lucien gets back)  EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 12:16 pm

Percival drinks some coffee, “i have no time for childish antics or games. To him the occult is a hobby to while away his time. It’s not real, nor are there consequences. It’s just fun and games to him. There are people who are irrevocably broken and just as many, if not more, dead. People that can not follow through with a simple task, when handed all the information to do it, won’t be trust worthy.”

He sits down, centers himself and take a few breaths, then shakes his head, “He is going to get himself killed.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neil Visits (Before Lucien gets back)    Neil Visits (Before Lucien gets back)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Neil Visits (Before Lucien gets back)
Page 1 of 1