Decline’s Modern Horror Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Decline’s Modern Horror Game

For cataloguing the events of our game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Percival asks Polkdot

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Percival

Percival

Percival asks Polkdot Empty
PostSubject: Percival asks Polkdot   Percival asks Polkdot EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 12:01 pm

Percival will ask this after a session winds up but before Polkdot runs off to his cabin.

“I’m sure you know about this, but beyond it being a game what do you know about Insosperiti? And how can such a game have actual living embodiments of the cards?”
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Percival asks Polkdot   Percival asks Polkdot EmptyFri Jun 17, 2022 1:57 am

Polk, "Insosperiti, is just a collection of ghost stories. Shrapnel and fragments. It's mysticism of the unexplained and we don't seek the unexplained, we are practicing theologians of the crafted threads of existence. When you are circling the center of the singularity, you don't concern yourself with christ's resurrection. We are reshaping the fundamentals of reality while standing between unfathomable god entities. We have stolen and learned the source code that only immortals of hell have dared to use and you want to chase a card game. We are mice under the heels of giants, and we've dared to elevate to their equals and face them. "
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Percival asks Polkdot   Percival asks Polkdot EmptyFri Jun 17, 2022 11:06 am

Percival stares at the man as though he is wondering if Polkdot is just an egotistical madman, the shakes his head slowly, as if shaking off something. “I see your comparison, but there are literal living embodiments of the cards, the orphan cards in particular, having met four of them, their power maybe chaotic but it’s is powerful. This might go along with Lucien’s question about healing areas affected by those using dirty magick. Can these living embodiments be stopped, and the game stripped of its power?”
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Percival asks Polkdot   Percival asks Polkdot EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 3:16 am

Polk: "The game? The game has no power. ...eh...you need to look past these, these anomalies. That is all they are. You call them powerful now, but they are trivial inconveniences, bugs, mistakes, etched into reality. All stories have grains of truth to them, that doesn't give stories or books any power. ....hhhmm...speaking of. You need to burn your books. You don't need them. They are, baggage, a crutch distracting you. A free mind does not rely on hoarding things that have been written down. It learns, it remembers...if it knows it can look it up later, it grows to rely on that, it never learns it, and you never look it up because you know you always can. The man that learns he can kill himself, lives to be old because he knows always can kill himself, since he knows this, he never does it because he knows he can as soon as he wants to. It's the same with hoarding knowledge in books, squirreling it away..."
Polkdot makes little squirrel like noises pantomiming like he's chewing a nut.
"Your not even a squirrel, you're a chipmunk, with your little books stashed away like grain in a pouch, lugging them around in boxes....nibble nibble nibble.
Then in an odd pop culture reference he says, "Neville (in The Omega Man) hoarded away with his little books, and look where it got him. (He died.) Did you ever see Mad Max tucking books away into his car?
Now I know what you're thinking, I was there too once, piling and sorting, sorting and piling archives of books from the floor to the ceiling like some tower of babel....then it occurred to me, I never read them, if I had I had forgotten. A life, a perpetual life machine, reading and re-reading, and re-reading. You have better ways to spend your time."
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Percival asks Polkdot   Percival asks Polkdot EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 1:07 pm

Percival looks at Polk and just says, “No.” and just as Polk is about to get all flustered and angry Percival holds up his hand and says, “It’s easy to say such when you have a magical library at your finger tips. That you can summon and read any book you want. What need does one have to keep books when they exist elsewhere and you are still able to read them. So I say no, but that I understand your concern, and I will will keep it in mind, should by values change. As of now your values are not my values, and that should be okay.”
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Percival asks Polkdot   Percival asks Polkdot EmptyTue Jun 21, 2022 11:01 pm

"The truth isn't to be found in those books and pouring over ancient texts of half truths is nothing but a fantasy trope. "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Percival asks Polkdot   Percival asks Polkdot Empty

Back to top Go down

Percival asks Polkdot
Page 1 of 1