Decline’s Modern Horror Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Decline’s Modern Horror Game

For cataloguing the events of our game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Polkdot Camping Adventure

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucien

Lucien

Polkdot Camping Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Polkdot Camping Adventure   Polkdot Camping Adventure EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 4:50 pm

Lucien will come back from his trip and go visit Percival in the castle.

"How is it going?

"So first things first, this is mine. Polkdot Camping Adventure 1f606" Lucien hands Percival the book on the knives.

"Also when you have time, I have some information, on the Books of Creation. That's my new name for them."

"So Polkdot is on the move. Sounds like before he was trying to delay things by hiding all this magic stuff away. I think there has been a shift in his thinking. Not sure what he is going to do, but wants me to hang out at his place and set up camp for a while. It's not going to be castle living Polkdot Camping Adventure 1f601 . Just some tents and the woods. Some manual labor. I have a feeling at some point we will need to back him up, fight whatever he is going to unleash (cause that's how our luck rolls), or fight him.

"Strangely enough, I figure Daniel might be good to bring a long. But I wanted to ask you if you want to come. He said I can pick who I want."

"Oh, did she move in?" Lucien (Ian) will wave to Rosaleen.
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Polkdot Camping Adventure   Polkdot Camping Adventure EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 7:35 pm

Percival will accept the book and listen, glancing through the book at first before responding, “noted, let me get get photos of the books for my records then I’ll return it to you.”

Sitting down says, “Well let’s talk about all this. We, currently, have a job to do. I’m more than willing to go and camp and work there, but what are we getting pout of it? And if he’s going to be gone, how long do we have? It’s not like we aren’t on precarious ground, or anything, until these jobs are done. We still have ten to go.”

He spends a couple moments thinking, “Do you think Daniel is the right person to take? He’s a bit of a wild card. I mean ask him but I have a feeling he won’t go, as he’s forging his own path. But Daniel might be interested in fighting him, he was red to kill him at the magick show, he was surprised we weren’t taking him out back then.”

He looks over at Rosaleen and nods to Lucien, “Yes she’s taken Joan’s old room.” With out skipping a beat, “What is it about these “books of creation” you mentioned?”
Back to top Go down
Lucien

Lucien

PostSubject: Re: Polkdot Camping Adventure   Polkdot Camping Adventure EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 10:03 pm

Book of Knives: "Yeah, photos will be good in case we lose it, but you probably take better care of books than me so, after I've studied it, I'll just leave it here for safe keeping."

Camp Timing: "True, he said we have plenty of time. So maybe we take care of the jobs until we have a lull."

"As for Daniel, he specifically said he wanted someone who wouldn't trust him. I think Daniel fits that bill. And, he was right about witches. If we have to deal with Polkdot, maybe he knows something we don't. For me, it will be hard, because if you listen to him, he knows much more than anyone we've met, at least, he's been much more forth coming, at least with me. I mean, I trust him like I trust a mob boss that tells you exactly why he is going to off someone. Means what he says, but is extremely dangerous and crafty and has his own motives."

Books: "Just some information Polk gave me, to the best of his knowledge. I named them the books of Creation, because, well, that's what they seem like. Books recording the beginning of things, created by the first things. That book, that they had you look for, is just one of them, that apparently somehow ended up in human hands at some point.
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Polkdot Camping Adventure   Polkdot Camping Adventure EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 10:30 pm

“The book “of knives” seems to be useful in identifying various creatures. Put from my initial glance and from what we were told by Melinda, the knives sound almost useless.”

“As for PolkDot, it’s punks like through your description that he can be trusted to do what he says, but that he can’t be trusted because he can change his plans at the drop is pin, and without warning. So do you actually trust him? I’m not sure we can. But Daniel definitely won’t. So maybe we should finish our work and then go up there. Afterwards, or at least get a majority of the jobs completed before running off. “

“What information did he give you about these books? And do they lead us towards finding them?”

Last edited by Percival on Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Polkdot Camping Adventure   Polkdot Camping Adventure EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 4:08 am

The daggers book consists of mostly images and target markings of where the daggers should strike.
There is not a whole lot of text and what there is is a nightmare to translate. The words are worn, seem to be hand written in various hand writings, and a mish mash of languages.
I'll provide some info on it in awhile.
Back to top Go down
Lucien

Lucien

PostSubject: Re: Polkdot Camping Adventure   Polkdot Camping Adventure EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 9:48 pm

(Info on the The Books of Creation are in the artifact topic)

"The Book of Knives shows how to kill various things if you have the correct daggers. At the very least, maybe it will give me an edge in whatever we run into next, if we have some idea of what we are going to run into. And since this book has a bunch of creatures in it, maybe you can cross reference it with things to figure somethings out. Anyway, do you think you can find out who wrote it and where these daggers came from?

"I trust the information that Polk has given me better than anything I've seen yet. I think he might have lived so long, nothing has meaning. So I don't think he is lying, but I don't trust him to not get us killed.
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Polkdot Camping Adventure   Polkdot Camping Adventure EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 10:39 pm

“Right but finding all the knives could be nearly impossible, and at first glance you might need three to all thirteen, I don’t know exactly how useful that’s going to be. Or even the feasibility of find them all. It’s not like the puzzle boxes which you can use the spyglass function to potentially see where it’s located. Much like these books of creation, if there are thirteen books, and the Kar Dār is as powerful as believed, what will the set possess or be able to do?”

Percival runs his fingers through his hair, “Oddly enough I have a book entitled ‘Things That Can Not Be’ that I received from the Montgomery collection, I should probably read over it it see it has any information about the Tril.”
Back to top Go down
Lucien

Lucien

PostSubject: Re: Polkdot Camping Adventure   Polkdot Camping Adventure EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 3:18 pm

"All ready making connections!"
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Polkdot Camping Adventure   Polkdot Camping Adventure EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 6:03 pm

“It probably has nothing to do with the Tril, but it’s worth checking.”
Back to top Go down
Lucien

Lucien

PostSubject: Re: Polkdot Camping Adventure   Polkdot Camping Adventure EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 5:48 pm

"Don't judge a book by its cover. Polkdot Camping Adventure 1f600 Polkdot Camping Adventure 1f600 Polkdot Camping Adventure 1f601
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Polkdot Camping Adventure   Polkdot Camping Adventure EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 12:41 pm

Rosaleen beams at Lucien/Ian and waves back. She listens intently to the two's conversation, while she sits on the floor, sketching.
Back to top Go down
Lucien

Lucien

PostSubject: Re: Polkdot Camping Adventure   Polkdot Camping Adventure EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 12:22 pm

To Rosaleen. "Hi! Just a question. How would you explain recent events?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Polkdot Camping Adventure   Polkdot Camping Adventure EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 12:27 pm

Rosaleen looks up. "I have no explanation. I have no clue what's going on." She laughs a little and goes back to her sketch, "I'm just waiting to see what happens."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Polkdot Camping Adventure   Polkdot Camping Adventure Empty

Back to top Go down

Polkdot Camping Adventure
Page 1 of 1