Decline’s Modern Horror Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Decline’s Modern Horror Game

For cataloguing the events of our game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Keeper

Keeper

Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things Empty
PostSubject: Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things   Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things EmptyThu Sep 22, 2022 2:04 am

Pollard will run the sat phone down trying to pull some more information.
(This info coming soon: A rough map of flooding)

On the phone Pollard will pace around but can generally be heard:
"Yeah, I'm trying to get a handle on the Atlanta situation.
Yeah, I know. Look, I have a couple of field agents there."
He turns as if to purposely be noticed and heard, "I'm aware you aren't evacuating field agents."
Then goes back to pacing. "They have possession of some high level intel...."
"CSS, collect, secure, store. I know, but it is time sensitive."
"Look, I know, here's what I'm getting at ok, if they were to try to make their way out, what are they looking at?"
"A biohazard agent. Yeah, no shit. Ok, and if they get exposed, what's the contamination, how, effects?"
He turns as if to purposely be noticed and heard, "An unknown contaminate at this time."
Goes back to pacing, "Well that tells me jack shit doesn't it."
He hangs up in exasperation.

He makes a few other calls, seemingly to other more mainstream agencies. Afterwards he says, "Ok, north, basically all the typical players are staging at the South Carolina and Tennessee boarder. They are already sheltering people in Anderson. The roads at least up to Commerce are clogged, that's according to somebody at the Red Cross.
The same goes for 75 apparently up into Tennessee but, all they know is "it's a mess."
They are being told there is a contamination and apparently FEMA and state emergency groups are screening anyone that comes through and separating infected.
Alabama has police blocking I-20 at the border, but they are letting people into Georgia that aren't headed to Atlanta. And the Florida border is apparently open, but with travel advisories, and they are on standby but currently have no services up for dealing evacuees. Valdosta Red Cross is active but only with local support and a single shelter on standby. FDEM (Florida Department of Emergency Management) hasn't activated. "

Pollard doodles on a map together on the cover of a book...just kidding...on some scrap paper.
"It's not a whole lot that don't already know, as far the affected area....these areas are either lightly flooded, or fucked, or, well this is all rumor area around here. Basically dealing with individuals' descriptions, and that isn't always accurate. Some wealthy doctor gets his welcome mat wet and freaks out, or you get some hick that figures if his trailer isn't floating away it isn't that bad, so...it's open to speculation."

Between and after calls:
Pollard will pull a couple of cooking pots and a coffee filter from the cabinet. He holds one out the kitchen window.
As it fills up he pours it through the coffee filter into the other pot
"Ok, it's in the rain....which means if we spend time out there, we'll get it on us, but contact is fine so long as we don't swallow them or...get them in an orifice. We, don't know how it infects right?"

These are much smaller than the one pulled from Daniel.

Pollard continues "We can try covering a pot and boiling it...maybe that kills it? But ok, here is what we are going to do.
Assume we might be stuck here.
Assume any rescue that comes through is contaminated. Do we care, do we tell them, do we have time to still get out before it effects them, etc etc.
Formulate a plan if we have to go out there, either due to rescue or whatever. I don't know what that will be exactly, maybe it is, you come back, you strip, clothes go in the dryer and the heat kills the stuff, and the person stays quarantined until we know if they are ok. Or maybe we draw straws and the loser just gets stuck with having to do all the errands and be quarantined. We'll think on it.

Right now, it might not be in the pipes yet. There's a boil water advisory but that doesn't mean these things have infested the water system not. It just means the treatment facilities can't keep up which means we have an unknown amount of pipes that should still be ok.
So, we pair up, get anything that will hold water, fill from the faucets.
Check it, then swap with your partner and double check each other. If it looks good, pour it in the tubs. If we fill those, do the sinks next, and then just anything else you can find. The moment any of us finds contamination we stop...and we'll progress slower, if we get a few in a row, we're done.

Meanwhile, we'll check on these, and that other sample. Maybe they die out of water, we'll create a control. Try heating...or I don't know, whatever you can think of. Run the generator and try microwaving them. Whatever we can think of to try.
(OOC, I assume Percival has a gas range)
But it might help form a plan for dealing with it, we'll have to assume anything coming from out there is contaminated."

"Also, do you have a battery operated radio? A NOAA radio? Neither of you strike me as HAM radio operators. And give me that number for Lark Howell, I'm going try calling him."

Polllard drops his voice to a bit of a hush, "...Can I assume a, live test subject is out of the question? Or are we open to seeing what happens if we boil the hell out of them and someone comes in, internal contact with it?"

Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things   Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things EmptyThu Sep 22, 2022 1:08 pm

Percival looks at him and says “Daniel didn’t come back, because he’s infected. But from a bite from an infected person. It was only over night and his infection progressed quickly. Overnight he started developing the the tongue worm thing, and said he can feel the ‘hairs/worms’ crawling inside him.”

Upon hearing that there are biological “contaminants” in the rain water and the water in general, Percival says, “Yeah… we already mentioned this. So if we are to try to leave we will need wet suits with a mask that covers out entire face, or good hazmat suits.”

“We might as well check to see if they are in the drinking water.” So Percival will get a glass, fill it with water from the tap, take a coffee filter and poor the water into another glass to see is any of the hazmital “hairs” are found in the drinking water.

“Sure we should run tests, but I don’t think we need to subject these people to them. We need to get either me or Lucien to somewhere where we can open a gate so we can all leave.”

Percival will root around in the camping supplies, and toss Pollard a battery powered radio.

Last edited by Percival on Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lucien

Lucien

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things   Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things EmptyThu Sep 22, 2022 9:52 pm

"Does the government, FEMA, anyone have the resources to check out some churches accepting these people?

"Is Dave off the grid? Could he know something we aren't seeing?
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things   Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 1:54 am

Pollard: "Well we knew it was in the water but now we know it is in the rain and not...coming out of the ground or something and into the water."

Pollard sits and thinks for awhile. He doesn't overly seem to speak to anyone in particular even though sometimes it seems he is.
"Ok, Ankroptic followers summon up this rain, they think it is for Ankroptic, but it's for this Hasmital, it rains these things in, which infect people. So...is Ankroptic/Hasmital building an army then?

Those notes said, "Pave the way for my true form and I shall give (BURN) eternity of rule. Separate (BURN) and my heard, cull the meek fro (BURN) anks, and my tim (BURN) hand. We shall divide and rule and your loyalty shall be rewarded."
That's what they have been doing, are doing. Paving the way. They separated the followers, they've been killing off the weak, and now what, this Ankroptic army comes and divides everyone...followers vs nonfollowers.
Clarke had that note, "est ambass," establish ambassadors. And Clarke had a file of names, so, maybe those were these ambassadors. Ark door?...rain...do they have an ark? Are they suppose to meet in Kentucky? It's burned...ark, ark, lark, dark, dark door? stark door, clark door, park door, the parking lot of the ark, mark door, hark door, stark door, trademark, ballpark, bark, postmark door, debark?

But some of these Ankroptic followers were against them....and somehow there are witches apparently according to you.
And what's this "tim....hand? Have any notes on someone named Tim you didn't also didn't mention?
But ok, they are running through these checklists, doing these things, Ankroptic/Hasmitall or whatever, say he comes, for what? Why? He takes over, divides everyone up, and then....
Or... or we call it a coincidence. Ankroptic followers have this plan, but it just happens to correspond to ... a government experiment gone wrong maybe....or witches, or this other cult in Dakota, two entirely separate incidences, just happen to match up somewhat.

Think think think think think...ok, I'd want to, establish contact with the current leaders, remove them from power, connect, get the internal resistance out of the woodwork, pick new leaders from them, ambassadors, they've paved the way, my army goes in and starts knocking everyone around, need to identify who is who...So yeah, who is in charge of what and how do you keep your loyal subjects safe, or maybe you don't, maybe you don't care but I apparently need some at least...do I? Am I just making promises too keep them committed?

This other cult...what if, it's not Ankroptic, it's their whatever, followers get killed, it gets pissed? Eh, I'm going to talk myself in fucking circles."

Last edited by Keeper on Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things   Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 1:55 am

"“We might as well check to see if they are in the drinking water.” So Percival will get a glass, fill it with water from the tap, take a coffee filter and poor the water into another glass to see is any of the hazmital “hairs” are found in the drinking water."

Tap water looks ok right now.
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things   Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 2:02 am

"We need to get either me or Lucien to somewhere where we can open a gate so we can all leave.”

Pollard: "Ok...we put one of you the fridge or coffin and set you adrift until...maybe you float out of town? Or...can you do a lot of little ones? It took what...3 pots to get a few of those things so, I've never tried to swim in a flood before. "They" say not to but...you swim your ass off to the closest thing, check yourself, do this thing you do, maybe we all get one block, then, rinse and repeat like shampoo. Swim like crazy to the next closest place...and on and on and on."
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things   Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 3:11 pm

Keeper wrote:
"We need to get either me or Lucien to somewhere where we can open a gate so we can all leave.”

Pollard: "Ok...we put one of you the fridge or coffin and set you adrift until...maybe you float out of town? Or...can you do a lot of little ones? It took what...3 pots to get a few of those things so, I've never tried to swim in a flood before. "They" say not to but...you swim your ass off to the closest thing, check yourself, do this thing you do, maybe we all get one block, then, rinse and repeat like shampoo. Swim like crazy to the next closest place...and on and on and on."

“No we hire a rescue for one person. Preferably one that can handle themselves in a fight. Have the rescue bring protective gear to protect our person from the rain and water, get them someone to open the gate, we leave through the gate.”

“That or Lucien and I start making small gates in buckets or pots and start redirecting water elsewhere. Not that that will do us any good. Or we summon our teacher… who will be pissed… and see what he’s able to do.”
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things   Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 6:25 pm

Pollard: Ok, so we are a go ahead on on the evac. I'll make the call and let them know.
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things   Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 6:41 pm

“I mean did you want to stay here? I really think only one or two of us should be evac’ed then we will arrange to move everyone to a safe place with the help of some special skills. What do you say Lucien?”
Back to top Go down
Lucien

Lucien

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things   Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things EmptySat Sep 24, 2022 11:30 pm

"Sounds good. I'll go. I have combat experience and can make the other half of the gate."
Back to top Go down
Lucien

Lucien

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things   Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things EmptySat Sep 24, 2022 11:36 pm

Lucien will check the book of knives to see if any combination of knives purges hazmetal followers.
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things   Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things EmptyWed Sep 28, 2022 12:51 am

I guess I need to just say it but Pollard already had access to Lark Howell’s number but Percival would have either read it aloud to him or written it down and given it to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things   Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things Empty

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Pollard (Albino) does some things
Page 1 of 1