Decline’s Modern Horror Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Decline’s Modern Horror Game

For cataloguing the events of our game

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dewy on the Melinda Group & West Virginia

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Keeper

Keeper

Dewy on the Melinda Group & West Virginia  Empty
PostSubject: Dewy on the Melinda Group & West Virginia    Dewy on the Melinda Group & West Virginia  EmptyThu Apr 08, 2021 2:31 am

In general Dewy comes across as a fairly straight and "likable" in that could see hanging out with him having a beer at the bar sort of way. (Doesn't mean you have to like him. Just his general demeanor.)

Melinda Group:
"Melinda, Gerald, Trevor...Trevor...Matt, Patricia, They are fine, but I out grew them. Come on I practically started and got them together I mean what were we suppose to be married? And we weren't getting anywhere, ok Trevor has a bit of talent, Melinda could barely make herself useful, latched onto Gerald who thought he knew something. Yeah I split. I've got no hard feelings towards them. Bands breakup."

West Virginia:
"We were experimenting. It was fine. It was safe, we took precautions but, I knew, looking back it is easy to see something was wrong, then I knew there was but wasn't sure, we didn't know, we still don't but hindsight is 20/20. But I was done and out. Trevor wanted to keep going with trying some things. I don't know what happened. I can tell you most of what we were doing there was pretty shallow. That "greylands" that is just scratching the surface and maybe that makes it more unstable.
You mentioned blood and I can speculate. Blood shouldn't have done it, I don't think. Unless Trevor figured out something weird.
Ok...my first run in with all this was with a witch, and I mean a real witch, like cauldrons and candles witch, and I mean she would, pull her finger nails out, her hair, cut herself up, burn her arms, amputate toes and she saved all this stuff rambling about it preserving memories of screams. But it hit me, she's talking harmonics, frequencies and it is but it's not. Now if someone got on those runes and passed along to them...well what are odds? And Trevor is pretty weak. Yeah maybe something opened and stayed open."

Society6 and Ankroptic:
"If you ask me Ankroptic is an idiot. All he seemed to ever prattle on about was wanting followers...like a stupid kid wanting candy. And he dishes out a few various "blessings" which they pass on and then just gather up others for him. I don't get it but I guess numbers wise it works out right, Ankroptic wants followers to die and come to him, but he...it...has some healing properties to him so a few get it and as long as they bring in enough, it keeps him happy? One priest or minister lives to be 90 and brings in a dozen or hundred or thousand followers, what's Ankroptic care about the one? How the hell is Pat Robertson still alive?
Society6 is like the inner circle of Ankroptic followers, I don't think even other followers are aware of them, or fully. They recruit out of churches, like, who the hell wants to stay after service is over? But you get these people lingering about. You leave and they go right back in..."Sunday school" right? More like Ankroptic school. Look how fucked up all these ministers' kids are. When did you ever hear of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes doing anything but getting drunk and fucking each other? Ankroptic has a backdoor right into all these "churches." But look how it is possible...because somewhere up that food chain, someone got actual proof. You don't need faith when it is looking right at you."

Ankroptic, Hasmital, we are talking about outcasts here, outcast from what though? They are having to put themselves out there and...recruit? Recruit for souls? Are we currency? Well I say, informed consumer choice. Vote with your wallet.

Plan:
And that is what I'm talking about. We rip all this deception away. Put it all out there. Imagine you might have a hundred different churches. Churches that really do something, ministers that can really lay out the rules. You like it, great, follow, you don't like it, move on to the next one. But at least we get to know the rules and what is really expected. Not like this... He gestures around at everything...where we have governments covering up the truth, religions covering up the truth. Would you devote yourself to Ankroptic if you knew there was another choice? Agencies covering up. They're even hiding things from each other and by the time it gets to us, we don't know which end of the stick isn't shit on. What if you could actually go to church and get healed? Or get real advice? Instead of some preacher telling you what to do every Sunday, your actual choice of a god shows up. Or don't go, that's fine too, but at least you know the ride you are on. I don't know about you but I'm tired of being lied to. I want to know the score and I don't think it is fair that there might be some things out there arguing over my corpse and I get no say in it. Are we men or are we wards of an invisible state caught in a custody battle nobody is asking us our opinion on? I want a say in the matter, and I bet you do too. And if the three of us want that, then you know there are three more that want that too, and three more, and three more...and 300 million more.

Look, I'm not trying to be in charge, far from it. I'm not in it to control everything. I don't want to be doing all that. Making all those decisions...I don't even want to decide on curtains, am I right? Fuck it, put a sheet up, put up pink flowers stupid bitch, I don't want that hassle. "There goes the guy that gave us the truth," good enough for me. Let me live the easy life. I want to sit by a pool, little drink with an umbrella, watch the tits go by. Do I strike you as the kind of guy that wants to be concerned if Preacher Smith is plotting behind my back? No. Shit you through me in a trunk for hours and here we are talking because that's the kind of guy I am.

But we have to get rid of these elements that out to control us. Now I don't know about the rest of the world, but I'm guessing, besides a hand full of witches, there are maybe 14 casters out there and half of them are probably Society6. They've got people running the southeast, mid west, west coast, the south west, north east...or did...north east was Landry. But see what I'm saying, that's one per region, that's about half. Then there is me, we'll say Trevor, maybe a couple of unknowns and Mr. Polkdot magician guy.

Now I mentioned that witch right...now she was terrified of this Polk guy and in Society6 there are rumblings about someone and I'm guessing it is one and the same. Get a little too big for your britches and he hands out the spankings. So you can see what why I'm getting at the idea he has to go because something tells me when we start revealing all this truth he ain't going to be real happy about it.

Trevor, and maybe whatever stragglers are around, they aren't a problem. Bring them in. It's going to be people like them, and you if you want, that will guide things through the chaos and...it will be, I'm not naive about that...shit is going to get real. But it is going to be real and we will have ushered in a new age. We had the industrial revolution...and now we can have the ...enchanted age...shit I don't know what you want to call it. But there won't be anymore secrets and manipulation. We won't have priests misleading us about our eternal souls, or governments running shadow campaigns silencing people.

Other:
And I'm going to let you in on a little secret...another little secret. These things like Ankroptic...I don't think they can really exist in our world. Manipulate it sure. Pass a few things through, sure. Nothing I've ever summoned and nothing I've seen anyone in Society6 summon, has stuck around more than ten minutes or so. Now don't get me wrong, that can be a fucking mess of a ten minutes but they never stay. Don't know why. Maybe we suck at summoning them, maybe we smell too bad to them.

Bells:
"Those bells took me years, years to get my hands on. Years exploring. Planning. I went through hell to get them. I saw shit you wouldn't believe, and that's not even...you ever try to move three hundred pounds across a war zone of predators with some crazy woman hunting for you? She wasn't exactly happy, let me tell you.
I didn't even know about them until I saw Loralei down? In? there. And she would walk through those greylands dropping everything. I'm talking final death here. That's what I think they do. Talking soul killer stuff. The Hunter's Club and Parker. Yeah, imagine the look on his face when he realizes he ain't coming back. ...and...unlike Melinda and her obsession with finding those knives, those bells probably give us a real chance against the rest. If I'm right, and I'm pretty sure I am, I'm talking something that could bring down Ankroptic if used properly. And that my friends puts us up on these things, equal footing. We aren't talking about a god or gods we are just powerless against.
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Dewy on the Melinda Group & West Virginia    Dewy on the Melinda Group & West Virginia  EmptyThu Apr 08, 2021 12:26 pm

Percival would listen and reply occasionally.

Witch: oddly enough we too met a witch.. but she seemed focus on the Etunaz but obviously used blood and pain in her casting. At least I think she did when she opened the portal for us.

Melinda group: you didn’t think to help them learn or was the whole group just looking out for themselves instead of helping each other?

West Virginia: it’s possibly the child screamed as she lay dying but from what I saw of her body, she died instantly when struck by the car. So unless her body retained the memory of her pain and last sounds, I can’t really think want else but her death and draining of life energy could have opened the portal.

Society 6/Ankroptic: I don’t really have much of an informed opinion.. shadowy cults are often bad and abused by individuals for personal gain and power, and had I’d not already known about other entities like Hasmital, I’d find it easier to believe that Ankroptic was the only one.. but also just knowing about the occult in general would lead me to question that.

Plan: the chaos is what concerns me. The power grabs, the innocents harmed in the process, the unknown quantities that are waiting in the wings, and who might see the exposure of the other realm as a annoyance but be prepared to take advantage of it.

I’m not against taking out or hindering Society Six, but it might be best to use a plan that doesn’t involve the bells. I have this feeling that using them, is going to instantly draw attention you won’t want.

Other: maybe Ankroptic or Hazmatal can’t remain here but the Etunaz can, and has. Even after destroying it shrine ive come across it twice in different areas.

The bells: agains I believe using them will attract attention from those you really don’t want to attract, like say Polk Dot.
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Dewy on the Melinda Group & West Virginia    Dewy on the Melinda Group & West Virginia  EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 2:16 am

Melinda Group:
Hey, I tried. They weren't getting anywhere. Ok, Trevor made some progress but the rest of them...maybe they weren't committed, maybe they just couldn't do it. Maybe they were content to watch and help. They're not a bad group of people...take themselves a bit too seriously from time to time for what they are but...I mean, and Melinda...she kept looking for shortcuts.

Plan:
Innocent people are being harmed now. Eggs and omelets. Of course it is going to be a bit rough at first every new age is.

Other:
Etunaz? Those antler symbol fuck heads? They are drawn to...I don't know...depravity. There's a whole farming cult down in Louisiana area. Talk about some fuck up people. They have this whole meth lab operation. I poked around down there some years ago, but...Man I could tell you some stories, psycho city. We're* on the outskirts of that farm, it's weird enough as it is but this one night, it's fairly calm. Got a fire going, beer, I'm trying to not focus on the fact they keep cooking live chickens on the fire and this tattoo'ed cover dude comes into the clearing out of the woods. Buck naked except for some tighty whiteys and a gas mask. Smelled like ammonia and ether. Doesn't say a fucking word, just walks into the circle, picks up the hatchet and whacks this guy's foot off at the ankle and walks away. Nobody even bats an eye. Then the girl next me starts talking about the executions tomorrow...No thanks. I legged it the hell out of there. Just say no, am I right?

* By "we're" he doesn't seem to be referring to Melinda or any of them, just whoever he was sitting around the fire with, strangers that just recently met.

Ok, so, I go into the greylands and I've got this suit, whole sort of hazmat thing going on because of the dust storms and it is getting pretty battered and torn. I see some rocks. Like this one center pillar like cylindrical rock surrounded by lots of smaller ones and I decide to climb up there for a better view. So I'm on the smaller set circling around the large one trying to see if it is climbable. I get about a quarter the way around it and there's this whole field of those things. I'm talking thousands of them. Like buffalo herd, pre railroad buffalo herd size of them just lumbering along. Terrifyingly majestic.
But corpses too. Long trails of these half and split open etunaz carcasses. Real behold a pale horse and death followed kind of stuff. Where she goes, it's a trail of death. But calm death you know what I mean. There's no....feeling...of animosity or excitement...just these trails of still death.  

It's a weird place there, like a desert but you find the weirdest stuff. Cans, plates, necklaces, wallets, keys, I came across a german, like nazi german tank once, these little trash dumps of everything that goes missing.
...ok, you aren't going to believe this one...there's this like stickman, I mean seriously like he's made of single sticks, not like the cartoon with a fat circular head, just sort of this stick head.
And he sits with pile of junk on one side of him, and this little hole on the other.
And I'm watching, I'm watching close because I gotta figure out if this one of those things you can walk by or skirt around. And this pool ball pops out of the hole and he picks it up and sets it on that pile of junk and then picks up like half a barbee or something and drops it into the hole. Then a deflated soccer ball pops out, and he drops a hubcap into the hole. And this just goes on and on for like a...who knows, times a bit lost down there. Then this flow of water comes out and stickman gets into a panic and starts stuff hand fulls of trash into the hole....and then it just stops.
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Dewy on the Melinda Group & West Virginia    Dewy on the Melinda Group & West Virginia  EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 7:28 am

Percival’s eyes widen and look a bit panicked when Dewey says there are herds of Etunaz. “What? Huge herds of them? One was bad enough. Constantly making folks hallucinate and seeing what they wanted to see, and demanding your remove the bones from your body and others. The power one has to affect the mind is scary enough. A whole herd is a nightmare”

Upon hearing the stickman story, Percival just nods and chuckles to himself. “I’ve seen a lot of weird shit decicated sunken eyed children, a meek living in the skull of a dead little girl and animating her corpse, The Mr Owl show, Parker return from the dead seven time, the spirit of little girl who wanted you to preform in a talent show for her otherwise she through a horrible tantrum, the egg man, Mr Fish, and scores of others. The stickman sounds benign enough and at least amusing.”

“And what do you mean that Melinda was always looking for short cuts?”

Last edited by Percival on Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Dewy on the Melinda Group & West Virginia    Dewy on the Melinda Group & West Virginia  EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 12:11 am

Etunaz
I've heard there is one somewhere in Romania if you wanted to see one. I'm not sure how they get through or if they even really do. The Meek seem to be able see into this world, at least from time to time, and crawl into it...but...not that I stuck around them but I started wondering if they weren't just projecting themselves somehow.

Melinda
We took to calling her gadget girl because she was always researching occult items and wanting to pursue them. I told her if she spent the same amount of time on working on the runes she might get somewhere.

Parker
Parker's a real piece of shit...but...I don't get him. I've never understood his motivations. He got quick on the inside track of Society6 and then up and left. Maybe he likes old stuffy geezers. Hunter's Club supposedly has this...saucer thing. It's sometimes called a UFO, but I don't know, I don't buy it and I don't know if they use it or not or know how to use it or if Parker does or not.
Back to top Go down
Percival

Percival

PostSubject: Re: Dewy on the Melinda Group & West Virginia    Dewy on the Melinda Group & West Virginia  EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 10:16 am

Percival looks at Dewey and says plainly, “we destroyed the alter of the Etunaz in Romania. I’ve seen it. I have the...” he makes air quotes “... Priests journal.” He shakes his head and says, “if at the time I knew what the bowl of Etnuaz blood could do, I would have destroyed it instead of giving it to the Strega.”

“Magical gadgets are interesting. But I get it, study and focus are needed to learn and grow. Not flight of fancy.”

“All too familiar with the hunters club, their...” agains air quotes. “...”religion,” the nuns that serve them. I’m not sure if they have a UFO or some ancient races technology, or some demons shrine or what, but I know enough to know there is power in it.”
Back to top Go down
Lucien

Lucien

PostSubject: Re: Dewy on the Melinda Group & West Virginia    Dewy on the Melinda Group & West Virginia  EmptyTue Apr 13, 2021 12:51 am

"Pretty sure the Strega's dead.

"Society6 thought they had control and power, thought they had chosen the embrace of Ankroptics decay, but when they started dying, they ran in fear.

"So here is what I know, the meek were invading.  Took over a town.  Some made it, some did not.  The ones that did seemed to need to be bound to something.  But some really powerful ones came through.  Jumping through space, into our engine, "folding" in and out of existence.  They didn't seem to be going anywhere.

"And that's where my problem lies.  You are basically a bomb.  Something like an atom bomb, but slow, and apparently a good number of people can reach this level of power.  Only reason people are not is because they don't know about it.  By accident, open a portal, town gets taken over.  Pray to Etunaz, a village is consumed.  Angry at your school, open a rune circle and walk away, watch what happens.  Ankroptic reaches the final level of followers.....

"Somethings you can fight.  Somethings eat you.  

"Who is going serve you drinks at the poolside when half the people are being eaten by zombies created by their favorite rock band.
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Dewy on the Melinda Group & West Virginia    Dewy on the Melinda Group & West Virginia  EmptyWed Apr 28, 2021 12:41 am

Witches
"Well it is a dead proposition from the start...I don't get the allure to their approach."

Meek
"Meek seem to be trans-dimensional in some way. Like I said, they see a crack and can crawl into it. I've seen meek just seeming to float sort of in places too. I assume they are...in two places at once..? I guess there is some point where they are in both or more in one place than another...?"

Plan
"It will balance itself out. Schools of magic will develop, ethics, new laws....look at ah...what was it the kids played world of rune warhawk...war...craft...warcraft. "

Pool
Hey, I can pull the ladies, just let me worry about who's bringing drinks. I won't disappoint on that front."
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Dewy on the Melinda Group & West Virginia    Dewy on the Melinda Group & West Virginia  EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 1:47 am

Dewy:
"Ok. So....You aren't going to kill me, and few likely are because one, there aren't many of us that can do what I can. Two, I know where the bells are. Three, between us I think we have a bit of rapport, and apparently some common...opposition at least. And four, you haven't already.
So let's look at moving forward here.
Let me have my phone so I can call that bimbo of a wife of mine and give her some bullshit.

I know these Society6 rituals. I witnessed quite a few of them. You don't want to use the bells, ok. It was a matter of convenience to me that something so major was coming up, so hey, I can give that up, I'm a patient man.
Put me in touch with this person you know, I'll help them through it, however you want it. I can brainstorm some ideas or whatever.
I'm eventually going through with my plan but it can wait a bit. I'll help them setup, we can rendezvous there, get through it as you want, I've got access to their robes and everything.
When it is over, we'll see where we are at. Hell we'll go visit Melinda and them and say hi.
In fact, I'll even sweeten the deal, you want to put a phone tracker app on my phone, go ahead. I'll go home, get some things in order, and head up to the Boston area to help put things together, you can track me the whole time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dewy on the Melinda Group & West Virginia    Dewy on the Melinda Group & West Virginia  Empty

Back to top Go down

Dewy on the Melinda Group & West Virginia
Page 1 of 1